Bible -- History of Biblical events
Here are entered works on the history of events related in the Bible. Works on history contemporary with the history of Biblical events, including archaeological, social, and cultural materials that shed light on the Bible, are entered under Bible -- History of contemporary events.
See also what's at your library, or elsewhere.
Broader terms:Narrower terms:Used for:
Filed under: Bible -- History of Biblical events
Filed under: Bible. Genesis -- History of Biblical events -- FictionFiled under: Bible. New Testament -- History of Biblical events -- FictionFiled under: Bible -- History of Biblical events -- Poetry|
Filed under: Bible. Genesis -- History of Biblical events -- PoetryFiled under: Bible. Gospels -- History of Biblical events -- Poetry
- The Angel of the Covenant: A Poem Complete in Three Books (Roseburg, OR: Review Publishing Company, 1886), by Sarah Jane Hamilton
- The Southern Version of Cursor Mundi (5 volumes; 1978-2000), ed. by Sarah M. Horrall, Roger R. Fowler, Henry J. Stauffenberg, Peter H. J. Mous, L. M. Eldredge, and Anne Lingard Klinck
Filed under: Bible. Old Testament -- History of Biblical events -- PoetryFiled under: Bible -- Chronology
- Paradise Regained, by John Milton
Filed under: Bible -- Chronology -- PeriodicalsFiled under: Bible. Old Testament -- ChronologyFiled under: Bible. Revelation -- Chronology
Filed under: Bible. Old Testament -- Historiography
Filed under: Bible plays, Cornish -- Translations into English
- Adam When? A Biblical Solution to the Timetable of Mankind, by Harold Camping (PDF files at familyradio.com)
- The Biblical Calendar of History, by Harold Camping (HTML and PDF at familyradio.com)
- Clews to Holy Writ, Or, The Chronological Scripture Cycle (London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1894), by Mrs. Ashley Carus-Wilson (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Forty Coming Wonders, Between 1890 and 1901, As Foreshadowed in the Prophecies of Daniel and Revelation (sixth edition; London: Christian Herald, 1887), by M. Baxter
- Letters from Egypt, Ethiopia, and the Peninsula of Sinai (London: H. G. Bohn, 1853), by Richard Lepsius, trans. by Leonora Horner and Joanna B. Horner (multiple formats at archive.org)
- A New Catechism of Sacred History, Compiled From Authentic Sources for Catholic Schools (Montreal: D. and J. Sadlier and Co., 1876), by Mrs. J. Sadlier (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Ordo Saeclorum: A Treatise on the Chronology of the Holy Scriptures, and the Indications Therein Contained of a Divine Plan of Times and Seasons; Together With an Appendix (London: J. W. Parker, 1844), by Henry Browne
Filed under: Bible plays, EnglishFiled under: Bible stories
Filed under: Bible stories, English
- The Ancient Cornish Drama (translation of the Ordinalia plays; 2 volumes; Oxford: At the University Press, 1859), ed. by Edwin Norris
Filed under: Bible stories, English -- Juvenile literatureFiled under: Bible stories, English -- O.T.
Filed under: Mysteries and miracle-plays, CornishFiled under: Bible. Acts -- History of Biblical eventsFiled under: Bible. Gospels -- History of Biblical eventsFiled under: Bible. Old Testament -- History of Biblical events
- The Chosen People: A Compendium Of Sacred and Church History For School-Children, by Charlotte M. Yonge (Gutenberg text)
- The Chosen People: A Compendium of Sacred and Church History for School-Children (5th edition; New York: Pott and Amery, 1868), by Charlotte M. Yonge (page images and uncorrected OCR text at MOA)
- The Illustrated Scripture History for the Young (two volumes; New York: Virtue and Yorston, ca. 1876), by John Howard
- The Peep of Day: or, A Series of the Earliest Religious Instruction the Infant Mind is Capable of Receiving; With Verses Illustrative of the Subjects (revised edition; New York: American Tract Society ..., [ca. 1849?]), by Favell Lee Mortimer (page images at HathiTrust)
- The Romance of Jewish History (3 volumes; London: Saunders and Otley, 1840), by Celia Levetus and Mrs. Hartog (page images at Google)
- The Wonder Book of Bible Stories, ed. by Logan Marshall (Gutenberg text and illustrated HTML)
More items available under narrower terms.