Brown, William Wells, 1814?-1884
Online books by this author are available.
See also what's at Wikipedia, your library, or elsewhere.
Broader terms:Narrower term:
Filed under: Brown, William Wells, 1814?-1884
Filed under: Brown, William Wells, 1814?-1884 -- Biography
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.
Filed under: Fugitive slaves -- United States
Filed under: Fugitive slaves -- United States -- Biography
- Isaac T. Hopper: A True Life, by Lydia Maria Child
- Massachusetts in Mourning, by Thomas Wentworth Higginson (page images at MOA)
- The New Crime Against Humanity, by Theodore Parker (page images at MOA)
- No Slave-Hunting in the Old Bay State: An Appeal to the People and Legislature of Massachusetts (1860), by Wendell Phillips, William Lloyd Garrison, and Charles C. Burleigh (multiple formats with commentary at eserver.org)
- Personal Memoir of Daniel Drayton, For Four Years and Four Months a Prisoner (for Charity's Sake) in Washington Jail, by Daniel Drayton
- Reminiscences of Levi Coffin, the Reputed President of the Underground Railroad, by Levi Coffin (page images at MOA)
- The Rev. J. W. Loguen, As a Slave and As a Freeman, by Jermain Wesley Loguen (page images at MOA)
- A Short History and Description of the Ojibbeway Indians Now on a Visit to England: With Correct Likenesses, Engraved From Daguerreotype Plates, Taken By M. Claudet (1844), by Charles Stuart, illust. by Claudet. M. (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Speech of Horace Mann, of Massachusetts on the Subject of Slavery in the Territories, and the Consequences of a Dissolution of the Union, by Horace Mann (page images at MOA)
- Stories of the Underground Railroad (1941), by Anna L. Curtis, illust. by William Brooks (multiple formats at shockfamily.net)
Filed under: Fugitive slaves -- Connecticut -- Biography
Filed under: Fugitive slaves -- Delaware -- Biography
Filed under: Fugitive slaves -- Kentucky -- Biography
- Autobiography of a Fugitive Negro: His Anti-Slavery Labours in the United States, Canada, & England (London: John Snow, 35 Paternoster Row, 1855), by Samuel Ringgold Ward (HTML and TEI at UNC)
- Biography of an American Bondman, ed. by Josephine Brown (illustrated HTML at nypl.org)
- Life and Adventures of Robert, the Hermit of Massachusetts (1829), by Henry Trumbull and Robert Voorhis (illustrated HTML at TEI at UNC)
- Narrative of James Williams, an American Slave, by James Williams (HTML and TEI at UNC)
- Narrative of William W. Brown, an American Slave (1849 UK edition), by William Wells Brown (HTML and TEI at UNC)
- Running a Thousand Miles for Freedom: or, The Escape of William and Ellen Craft from Slavery, by William Craft and Ellen Craft
- The Underground Rail Road (Philadelphia: Porter and Coates, 1872), by William Still
Filed under: Fugitive slaves -- Maryland -- BiographyFiled under: Fugitive slaves -- United States -- FictionFiled under: Fugitive slaves -- MarylandFiled under: Fugitive slaves -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United StatesFiled under: Branch, Cyrus, 1793 or 1794-Filed under: Brown, Henry Box, 1816-Filed under: Clarke, Lewis Garrard, 1812-1897Filed under: Cooper, Thomas, -approximately 1821Filed under: Douglass, Frederick, 1818-1895Filed under: Fedric, FrancisFiled under: Jackson, Mattie J.Filed under: Jones, Thomas H.Filed under: Mars, James, 1790-Filed under: Parker, Allen, approximately 1835-Filed under: Tilmon, Levin, 1807-1863Filed under: Voorhis, Robert, 1769 or 1770-Filed under: Ward, Samuel Ringgold, 1817-Filed under: Watson, Henry, 1813?-
- Narrative of the Sufferings of Lewis Clarke, During a Captivity of More than Twenty-Five Years, Among the Algerines of Kentucky, One of the So Called Christian States of North America (Boston: David H. Ela, Printer, 1845), by Lewis Garrard Clarke (illustrated HTML and TEI at UNC)
- Slave Life in Virginia and Kentucky; or, Fifty Years of Slavery in the Southern States of America (London: Wertheim, Macintosh, and Hunt, 1863), by Francis Fedric (HTML and TEI at UNC)
More items available under broader and related terms at left.