Combined operations (Military science)
Here are entered works on operations conducted by armed forces of two or more allied nations acting together for the accomplishment of a single mission. Works on operations conducted by military forces working in coordination with civilian organizations, in which the participating military and civilian partner organizations come from two or more nations are entered under Integrated operations (Military science). Works on joint operations conducted by elements of more than one service of the same nation are entered under Unified operations (Military science).
See also what's at your library, or elsewhere.
Broader terms:Used for:
- Allied operations (Military science)
Filed under: Combined operations (Military science)
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.
Filed under: Military art and science
Filed under: Military art and science -- Automation
Filed under: Military art and science -- Dictionaries
- Battle Studies: Ancient and Modern Battle (1921), by Charles Jean Jacques Joseph Ardant du Picq, trans. by John N. Greely and Robert C. Cotton (Gutenberg text)
- On War (1832 German version, and 1873 English translation), by Carl von Clausewitz, trans. by J. J. Graham (HTML at clausewitz.com)
- Principles of War, by Carl von Clausewitz, trans. by Hans W. Gatzke (HTML at clausewitz.com)
- The Two Maps of Europe, and Some Other Aspects of the Great War (London: C. Arthur Pearson, 1915), by Hilaire Belloc (multiple formats at archive.org)
Filed under: Military art and science -- Early works to 1800
- A Military Dictionary (Philadelphia: W. Duane, 1810), by William Duane
- Military Dictionary (1861), by H. L. Scott (page images at MOA)
Filed under: Military art and science -- Forecasting
Filed under: Military art and science -- Greece
Filed under: Military art and science -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Filed under: Military art and science -- History
Filed under: Military art and science -- Japan
Filed under: Military art and science -- Periodicals
Filed under: Military art and science -- Quotations, maxims, etc.
Filed under: Military art and science -- Rome
Filed under: Military art and science -- United States
Filed under: Aeronautics, Military
Filed under: Asymmetric warfare
Filed under: Battles
Filed under: Camouflage (Military science)Filed under: Command of troopsFiled under: Defensive (Military science)
- An Arithmetical Warlike Treatise Named Stratioticos (without title page; 1590), by Leonard Digges (page images at HathiTrust)
- Boke of the Fayt of Armes and of Chyualrye (Westminster: W. Caxton, 1489), by Christine de Pisan, trans. by William Caxton, contrib. by Honoré Bonet (at page images at loc.gov)
- The Tactics of Aelian, Comprising the Military System of the Grecians (London: Printed by Cox and Baylis for E. Kerby, 1814), by Tacticus Aelianus, ed. by Henry Augustus Dillon-Lee Dillon, contrib. by Polybius (page images at HathiTrust)
- The Art of War, by Niccolò Machiavelli, ed. by Jon Roland, trans. by Henry Neville (illustrated HTML at constitution.org)
- The Military Institutions of the Romans (De Re Militari), by Flavius Vegetius Renatus, trans. by John Clarke (HTML in Norway)
- The Art of War (in English and Chinese), by Sunzi, trans. by Lionel Giles (HTML at chinapage.com)
- The Art of War (with commentary and links to alternate versions), by Sunzi, ed. by Lionel Giles (Gutenberg text and audio files)
- Regulations for the Order and Discipline of the Troops of the United States, Part I (only part known extant of this early edition; with some inserted material; Philadelphia: Printed by Styner and Cist, 1779), by Friedrich Wilhelm Ludolf Gerhard Augustin Steuben (page images at LOC)
- Sun Tzu on the Art of War, the Oldest Military Treatise in the World (based on the 1910 edition), by Sunzi, ed. by Lionel Giles (HTML at sacred-texts.com)
Filed under: FirepowerFiled under: Information warfare
- Defensive Information Warfare (1996), by David S. Alberts (PDF at dodccrp.org)
- New Technology for NATO: Implementing Follow-On Force Attack (OTA-ISC-309; 1987), by United States Congress Office of Technology Assessment
More items available under broader and related terms at left.