Forensics (Public speaking)
See also what's at your library, or elsewhere.
Broader terms:Related term:Narrower terms:Used for:
Filed under: Debates and debating
Filed under: Debates and debating -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Filed under: Parliamentary practice -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Filed under: Lincoln-Douglas Debates, Ill., 1858|
Filed under: Campaign debates -- United StatesFiled under: Forums (Discussion and debate)
Filed under: Electronic discussion groups
Filed under: Electronic discussion groups -- Social aspects
- Political Debates Between Abraham Lincoln and Stephen A. Douglas In the Celebrated Campaign of 1858 in Illinois, Including the Preceding Speeches of Each at Chicago, Springfield, etc.; Also the Two Great Speeches of Abraham Lincoln in Ohio in 1859 (Cleveland: Burrows Bros. Co., 1897), by Abraham Lincoln and Stephen A. Douglas (HTML at Bartleby)
- The Writings of Abraham Lincoln (national edition, 8 volumes; New York: Lamb Pub. Co., n.d.), by Abraham Lincoln, ed. by Arthur Brooks Lapsley, contrib. by Theodore Roosevelt, Carl Schurz, Joseph Hodges Choate, Noah Brooks, and Stephen A. Douglas
- The Writings of Abraham Lincoln (biographical eighth volume by Noah Brooks omitted), by Abraham Lincoln, ed. by Arthur Brooks Lapsley (Gutenberg text and illustrated HTML)
Filed under: Wikis (Computer science) -- Case studiesFiled under: Wikis (Computer science) -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Filed under: Parliamentary practice
Filed under: Parliamentary practice -- Alberta
Filed under: Parliamentary practice -- Australia -- Periodicals
- Net.wars, by Wendy Grossman (HTML at NYU)
Filed under: Parliamentary practice -- IndiaFiled under: Parliamentary practice -- MauritiusFiled under: Parliamentary practice -- New Brunswick
Filed under: Bills, Private -- New BrunswickFiled under: Parliamentary practice -- TanzaniaFiled under: Parliamentary practice -- United States
- About the House, by Australia House of Representatives (partial serial archives)
Filed under: Filibusters (Political science) -- United StatesFiled under: Radio addresses, debates, etc.
Filed under: Church controversies -- Presbyterian Church in America -- PeriodicalsFiled under: Forensic oratory
- Deschler's Precedents of the United States House of Representatives, Including References to Provisions of the Constitution and Laws, and to Decisions of the Courts (1974), by Lewis Deschler (PDF and text at house.gov)
- Lex Parliamentaria Americana, by Luther Stearns Cushing (page images at MOA)
- A Manual of Parliamentary Practice for the Use of the Senate of the United States, by Thomas Jefferson (HTML at constitution.org)
- Warrington's Manual: A Manual for the Information of Officers and Members of Legislatures, Conventions, Societies, Corporations, Orders, Etc., by William Stevens Robinson (page images at MOA)
- Étude sur les Plaidoyers d'Isée (thesis in French; Paris: E. Thorin, 1876), by Léon Moy
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.
Filed under: Persuasion (Rhetoric) -- Study and teaching (Higher)
Filed under: Oratory
- Argument in Composition (c2009), by John D. Ramage, Micheal Callaway, Jennifer Clary-Lemon, and Zach Waggoner (PDF files with commentary at Colorado State)
Filed under: Oratory -- Early works to 1800
- The Art of Extempore Speaking: Hints for the Pulpit, the Senate, and the Bar (with additions by "a member of the New York bar"; 6th edition; New York: C. Scribner and Co., 1869), by L. Bautain (multiple formats at Google)
- Mr. Punch's Young Reciter: (Burglar Bill, and Other Pieces); With Introductions, Remarks, and Stage-Directions (enlarged and illustrated edition; London: Bradbury, Agnew, ca. 1897), by F. Anstey (page images at HathiTrust)
- Public Speaking: Principles and Practice, by Irvah Lester Winter (Gutenberg text)
- How to Attract and Hold an Audience: A Practical Treatise on the Nature, Preparation, and Delivery of Public Discourse (New York: Hinds, Hayden and Eldredge, c1902), by J. Berg Esenwein (page images at HathiTrust)
- Phrases for Public Speakers and Paragraphs for Study (1910), ed. by Grenville Kleiser (Gutenberg text)
- The Complete Debater's Manual (Chicago: F. J. Drake and Co., c1902), by Charles Walter Brown (page images at HathiTrust)
Filed under: ExpressionFiled under: GestureFiled under: Oratory, AncientFiled under: Voice culture
- M. T. Cicero de Oratore: or, His Three Dialogues Upon the Character and Qualifications of an Orator, Translated into English, with Notes Historical and Explanatory, and an Introductory Preface (Boston: R. P. and C. Williams, 1822), by Marcus Tullius Cicero, ed. by William Guthrie (page images at Google)
- Cicero's Brutus, or, History of Famous Orators; Also, His Orator, or, Accomplished Speaker, by Marcus Tullius Cicero, trans. by Edward Jones (Gutenberg text)
- Institutes of Oratory, by Quintilian, ed. by Lee Honeycutt, trans. by J. S. Watson (HTML at eserver.org)
- The Arte of Rhetorique, by Thomas Wilson (HTML at Renascence Editions)
- The Voice: How to Use It; With Exercises for Tone and Articulation (revised edition; Boston: Expression Co., c1938), by Sarah T. Barrows and Anne E. Pierce (page images at HathiTrust)
- The Philosophy of Voice: Showing the Right and Wrong Action of Voice in Speech and Song, With Laws for Self-Culture (8th edition; London: Balliere, Tindall and Cox, 1895), by Charles Lunn (multiple formats at archive.org)
- The Vocal Organ: Its Mechanism (Explaining a New Discovery) (4th edition; Chicago: Perfect Voice Institute, c1915), by Eugene Feuchtinger
- The Art of Voice-Production, With Special Reference ot the Methods of Correct Breathing (New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1882), by Ange Albert Pattou (multiple formats at archive.org)
More items available under broader and related terms at left.