See also what's at your library, or elsewhere.
Broader terms:Used for:
- Singing and voice culture
- Vocal culture
- Voice training
Filed under: Voice culture|
- The Voice: How to Use It; With Exercises for Tone and Articulation (revised edition; Boston: Expression Co., c1938), by Sarah T. Barrows and Anne E. Pierce (page images at HathiTrust)
- The Philosophy of Voice: Showing the Right and Wrong Action of Voice in Speech and Song, With Laws for Self-Culture (8th edition; London: Balliere, Tindall and Cox, 1895), by Charles Lunn (multiple formats at archive.org)
- The Vocal Organ: Its Mechanism (Explaining a New Discovery) (4th edition; Chicago: Perfect Voice Institute, c1915), by Eugene Feuchtinger
- The Art of Voice-Production, With Special Reference to the Methods of Correct Breathing (New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1882), by Ange Albert Pattou (multiple formats at archive.org)
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.
Filed under: Elocution
Filed under: Acting
Filed under: Acting -- United States -- History -- 19th century
Filed under: Acting games -- ScandinaviaFiled under: Acting in literature
Filed under: Commedia dell'arte -- Early works to 1800
Filed under: Gesture
Filed under: Impersonation -- DramaFiled under: Impersonation -- FictionFiled under: MimeFiled under: Motion picture actingFiled under: Movement (Acting)Filed under: Theatrical makeupFiled under: Debates and debating
- Selected illustrations (unique bound volume of 80 images from Diversarum Nationum Habitus and other Bertelli works, ca. 1590), by Pietro Bertelli
Filed under: Debates and debating -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Filed under: Parliamentary practice -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Filed under: Lincoln-Douglas Debates, Ill., 1858
- Bending Opinion: Essays on Persuasion in the Public Domain (Leiden: Leiden University Press, c2011), ed. by Ton van Haaften, Henrike Jansen, Jaap de Jong, and Willem Koetsenruijter, contrib. by I. Sluiter, Manfred Kraus, Marie Formarier, Christian Kock, J. Anthony Blair, Daniel J. O'Keefe, Arnolda Francisca Snoeck Henkemans, Henrike Jansen, Marianne Dingemanse, Ingrid Persoon, B. A. Andeweg, Hilde van Belle, Joel Best, Peter Burger, Lotte Anemaet, Gabry Vanderveen, Susan Hogben, Cezar Ornatowski, Bart van Klink, Oliver Lembcke, Pablo Leandro Ciocchini, Janet Takens, Anita van Hoof, J. Kleinnijenhuis, Wouter van Atteveldt, Baldwin van Gorp, Mary Vander Goot, Anders Horsbøl, Lisa S. Villadsen, and E. T. Feteris (PDF files with commentary at Project MUSE)
- Strip the Experts (1991), by Brian Martin (HTML and PDF in Australia)
- The American Debater: Being a Plain Exposition of the Principles and Practice of Public Debate (New York et al.: Ivison and Phinney, 1855), by James N. McElligott (multiple formats at Google)
- The Art of Controversy (in German and English), by Arthur Schopenhauer, trans. by T. Bailey Saunders
Filed under: Campaign debates -- United StatesFiled under: Forums (Discussion and debate)Filed under: Parliamentary practiceFiled under: Radio addresses, debates, etc.Filed under: Delsarte systemFiled under: Lectures and lecturing
Filed under: Lectures and lecturing -- United StatesFiled under: Chautauquas
- Political Debates Between Abraham Lincoln and Stephen A. Douglas In the Celebrated Campaign of 1858 in Illinois, Including the Preceding Speeches of Each at Chicago, Springfield, etc.; Also the Two Great Speeches of Abraham Lincoln in Ohio in 1859 (Cleveland: Burrows Bros. Co., 1897), by Abraham Lincoln and Stephen A. Douglas (HTML at Bartleby)
- The Writings of Abraham Lincoln (national edition, 8 volumes; New York: Lamb Pub. Co., n.d.), by Abraham Lincoln, ed. by Arthur Brooks Lapsley, contrib. by Theodore Roosevelt, Carl Schurz, Joseph Hodges Choate, Noah Brooks, and Stephen A. Douglas
- The Writings of Abraham Lincoln (biographical eighth volume by Noah Brooks omitted), by Abraham Lincoln, ed. by Arthur Brooks Lapsley (Gutenberg text and illustrated HTML)
Filed under: Singing -- DictionFiled under: Ventriloquism
Filed under: Oratory
- A Chautauqua Idyl (Boston: D. Lothrop Co., c1887), by Grace Livingston Hill
- The Art of Extempore Speaking: Hints for the Pulpit, the Senate, and the Bar (with additions by "a member of the New York bar"; 6th edition; New York: C. Scribner and Co., 1869), by L. Bautain (multiple formats at Google)
- Mr. Punch's Young Reciter: (Burglar Bill, and Other Pieces); With Introductions, Remarks, and Stage-Directions (enlarged and illustrated edition; London: Bradbury, Agnew, ca. 1897), by F. Anstey (page images at HathiTrust)
- Public Speaking: Principles and Practice, by Irvah Lester Winter (Gutenberg text)
- How to Attract and Hold an Audience: A Practical Treatise on the Nature, Preparation, and Delivery of Public Discourse (New York: Hinds, Hayden and Eldredge, c1902), by J. Berg Esenwein (page images at HathiTrust)
- Phrases for Public Speakers and Paragraphs for Study (1910), ed. by Grenville Kleiser (Gutenberg text)
- The Complete Debater's Manual (Chicago: F. J. Drake and Co., c1902), by Charles Walter Brown (page images at HathiTrust)
More items available under broader and related terms at left.