Online Books by
(Astell, Mary, 1668-1731)
An online book about this author is available, as is a Wikipedia article.
- Astell, Mary, 1668-1731, contrib.: An Essay in Defence of the Female Sex: In Which Are Inserted the Characters of a Pedant, a Squire, a Beau, a Vertuoso, a Poetaster, a City-Critick, &c., In a Letter to a Lady (attributed variously to Astell or Drake; London: Printed for A. Roper and E. Wilkinson, 1696), also contrib. by Judith Drake (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Astell, Mary, 1668-1731: Moderation Truly Stated: or, A Review of a Late Pamphlet Entitul'd Moderation a Vertue; With a Prefatory Discourse to Dr. D'Aveanant Concerning His Late Essays on Peace and War (London: Printed by J. L. for R. Wilkin, 1704) (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Astell, Mary, 1668-1731: A Serious Proposal to the Ladies, For the Advancement of Their True and Greatest Interest, In Two Parts, by a Lover of Her Sex (London: Printed for R. Wilkin, 1697) (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Astell, Mary, 1668-1731: Some Reflections Upon Marriage, Occasion'd by the Duke and Dutchess of Mazarine's Case; Which is Also Considered (first edition; London: Printed for J. Nutt, 1700) (HTML at Celebration of Women Writers)
- Astell, Mary, 1668-1731: Some Reflections Upon Marriage; With Additions (fourth edition; London: Printed for W. Parker, 1730) (page images at HathiTrust)
See also what's at your library, or elsewhere.
Help with reading books -- Report a bad link -- Suggest a new listing
Home -- Search -- New Listings -- Authors -- Titles -- Subjects -- Serials
Books -- News -- Features -- Archives -- The Inside Story
Edited by John Mark Ockerbloom (email@example.com).
OBP copyright and licenses.