The Principal Navigations, Voyages, Traffiques and Discoveries of the English Nation
edited by Richard Hakluyt and Edmund Goldsmid
This is a 16-volume work on the history of English exploration and seafaring.
It has digitized in page image form by the Early Canadiana Online project,
from a microfilmed copy of a print edition published in Edinburgh
by E. and G. Goldsmid between 1885 and 1890. Page images are now
freely provided on the Internet Archive.
It is also being transcribed by volunteers for Project Gutenberg.
- Volume I: Northern Europe
- Volume II: North-Eastern Europe and Adjacent Countries: Tartary
- Volume III: North-Eastern Europe and Adjacent Countries: The Muscovy Company and the North-Eastern Passage, Section I
- Volume IV: North-Eastern Europe and Adjacent Countries: The Muscovy Company and the North-Eastern Passage, Section II
- Volume V: Central and Southern Europe
- Volume VI: Madeira and the Canaries: Ancient Asia, Africa, &c.
- Volume VII: England's Naval Exploits Against Spain
- Volume VIII: Asia, Part I
- Volume IX: Asia, Part II
- Volume X: Asia, Part III
- Volume XI: Africa
- Volume XII: America, Part I
- Volume XIII: America, Part II
- Volume XIV: America, Part III
- Volume XV: America, Part IV; West Indies; Voyages of Circumnavigation, Part I
- Volume XVI: Voyages of Circumnavigation, Part II; Miscellaneous; Index
This is a "meta-book", which stitches together separate files elsewhere on the Web as they appeared in a previously published book. It is subject to removal if someone produces an integrated edition. If that happens, The Online Books Page will point to the integrated version.