The Online Books Page

presents serial archive listings for

The Argosy

The Argosy was an American fiction magazine published in the 19th and 20th centuries.

Publication History

The Argosy was founded in 1882 by Frank Munsey as "The Golden Argosy", and was originally a children's newspaper. It adopted the name The Argosy in 1888, and went to a pulp magazine format in 1894. It absorbed Railroad Man's Magazine in 1919 and for a short time was titled "Argosy and Railroad Man's Magazine". It merged with "The All-Story" in 1920, and published as "Argosy All-Story Weekly" for much of the 1920s, but resumed the shorter "Argosy" name after the launch of a new "All-Story" in 1929. Copyright renewals for this magazine and some of its contents began before 1923. Its last issue was published in 1978. There have been a few short-lived revivals since.

Persistent Archives of Complete Issues

Related Resources


This is a record of a major serial archive. This page is maintained for The Online Books Page. (See our criteria for listing serial archives.) This page has no affiliation with the serial or its publisher.

Help with reading books -- Report a bad link -- Suggest a new listing

Home -- Search -- New Listings -- Authors -- Titles -- Subjects -- Serials

Books -- News -- Features -- Archives -- The Inside Story

Edited by John Mark Ockerbloom (onlinebooks@pobox.upenn.edu)
OBP copyright and licenses.