SERIAL ARCHIVE LISTINGS
Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine
Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine was a monthly magazine published in Edinburgh, Scotland, and later in London, in the 19th and 20th century.
Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine began publication with the April 1817 issue. It ceased publication under its original name at the end of 1905, when the magazine, moving to London, became known simply as Blackwood's Magazine. The London incarnation ceased publication in 1980.
Persistent Archives of Complete Issues
- 1817-1905: HathiTrust has page images of volumes 1-147 and 149-178 scanned from the University of Michigan's holdings. Some of these issues are American editions; I don't know if the contents differed substantially from the British editions.
- 1817-1905: HathiTrust has page images of volumes 1-164, 166-167, 171-173, and 178 scanned from the holdings of the University of California and Indiana University. Some index volumes are also included. Some volumes represented by American editions in the Michigan run are provided here in British editions.
- 1843-1863: An archive at Oxford has page images for volumes 53-94 (presumably all British editions).
- 1843-1847: Project Gutenberg has transcriptions of volumes 53-59, and selected issues from volumes 61 and 62, based on the Oxford images.
- 1906-1908, 1918-1922: HathiTrust has page images of volumes 179-183, and 203-212 scanned from the holdings of Princeton University.
- 1906-1907: HathiTrust has page images of volumes 180-182 scanned from the holdings of Indiana University. Some later volumes are in this set marked as search-only.
- 1908: The Internet Archive has volume 184, covering July-December 1908.
- 1909: The Internet Archive has volume 185, covering January-June 1909.
- 1910: The Internet Archive has volume 187, covering January-June 1910.
- 1910: The Internet Archive has volume 188, covering July-December 1910.
- 1911: The Internet Archive has volume 189, covering January-June 1911.
- 1911: The Internet Archive has volume 190, covering July-December 1911.
- 1912: The Internet Archive has volume 191, covering January-June 1912.
- 1912: The Internet Archive has volume 192, covering July-December 1912.
- 1913: The Internet Archive has volume 193, covering January-June 1913.
- 1913: The Internet Archive has volume 194, covering July-December 1913.
- 1914: The Internet Archive has volume 195, covering January-June 1914.
- 1915: The Internet Archive has volume 197, covering January-June 1915.
- 1915: The Internet Archive has volume 198, covering July-December 1915.
- 1916: The Internet Archive has volume 199, covering January-June 1916.
- 1916: The Internet Archive has volume 200, covering July-December 1916.
- 1917: The Internet Archive has volume 201, covering January-June 1917.
- 1917: The Internet Archive has volume 202, covering July-December 1917.
This is a record of a major serial archive. This page is maintained for The Online Books Page.
(See our criteria for listing serial archives.) This page has no affiliation with the serial or its publisher.
Help with reading books -- Report a bad link -- Suggest a new listing
Home -- Search -- New Listings -- Authors -- Titles -- Subjects -- Serials
Books -- News -- Features -- Archives -- The Inside Story
Edited by John Mark Ockerbloom (firstname.lastname@example.org)
OBP copyright and licenses.