presents serial archive listings for
Documentary History of the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America
Documentary History of the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America was a series of volumes documenting the early history and conventions of the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America
Documentary History of the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America began coverage from 1914 onward. Some volumes were issued under the series title, some not, but it seems to have been used through 1922 at least.
Persistent Archives of Complete Issues
- 1914-1916: HathiTrust has the first volume, which describes the early history of the union, and includes the proceedings of early conferences between 1914 and 1916.
- 1919: The Internet Archive has the proceedings of the 3rd biennial convention of 1919. This does not appear to have been issued under the same overall series title, but has similar coverage as later volumes.
- 1920: HathiTrust has the 1918-1920 volume, covering the proceedings of the 4th biennial convention of 1920.
- 1922: Trust has the 1920-1922 volume, covering the proceedings of the 5th biennial convention of 1922.
- 1922: The Internet Archive's copy of the proceedings of the 5th biennial convention of 1922 appears to have the same internal contents as the volume above, but without the "Documentary History" title page.
Official Site / Current Material
- Mergers between the ACWA and other unions eventually resulted in UNITE HERE, a union that also represents workers in various service industries. Their web site has more information on their current activities.
This is a record of a major serial archive. This page is maintained for The Online Books Page.
(See our criteria for listing serial archives.) This page has no affiliation with the serial or its publisher.
Help with reading books -- Report a bad link -- Suggest a new listing
Home -- Search -- New Listings -- Authors -- Titles -- Subjects -- Serials
Books -- News -- Features -- Archives -- The Inside Story
Edited by John Mark Ockerbloom (email@example.com)
OBP copyright and licenses.