presents serial archive listings for
House & Garden
House & Garden is a magazine of domestic design, published by Conde Nast in the 20th and early 21st century.
House & Garden was founded in 1901, and was acquired by Conde Nast partially in 1911 and completely in 1915. It absorbed American Homes and Gardens in 1915. The first copyright-renewed issue is February 1923 (v. 43 no. 2), © January 27, 1923. The first copyright-renewed contribution is from August 1940. (More details) The magazine was renamed to "HG" in 1988, and ceased publication for the first time in 1993. A 1996 revival lasted until 2007, when Conde Nast announced that the December issue would be the magazine's last. While this marked the end of the US magazine, a British edition continues to be published.
Persistent Archives of Complete Issues
- 1901-1922: HathiTrust has volumes 1-29, and 31-42 readable online. The first issue is missing except for the cover. Later volumes can be searched but not read. Volume 30, and downloadable versions of some other volumes, can also be found below.
- 1911: The Internet Archive has Volume 19, covering January-June 1911.
- 1911: The Internet Archive has Volume 20, covering July-December 1911.
- 1912: The Internet Archive has Volume 21, covering January-June 1912.
- 1912: The Internet Archive has Volume 22, covering July-December 1912.
- 1913: The Internet Archive has Volume 23, covering January-June 1913.
- 1913: The Internet Archive has Volume 24, covering July-December 1913.
- 1914: The Internet Archive has Volume 25, covering January-June 1914.
- 1914: The Internet Archive has Volume 26, covering July-December 1914.
- 1915: The Internet Archive has Volume 28, covering July-December 1915.
- 1916: The Internet Archive has Volume 29, covering January-June 1916.
- 1916: The Internet Archive has Volume 30, covering July-December 1916.
- 1917: The Internet Archive has Volume 31, covering January-June 1917.
- 1917: The Internet Archive has Volume 32 (mislabeled as volume 33), covering July-December 1917.
- 1918: The Internet Archive has Volume 34, covering July-December 1918.
- 1919: The Internet Archive has Volume 35, covering January-June 1919.
- 1919: The Internet Archive has Volume 36, covering July-December 1919.
- 1920: The Internet Archive has Volume 37, covering January-June 1920.
- 1920: The Internet Archive has Volume 38, covering July-December 1920.
- 1921: The Internet Archive has Volumes 39-40 in one binding, covering all of 1921.
- 1922: The Internet Archive has Volume 41, covering January-June 1922.
- 1922: The Internet Archive has Volume 42, covering July-December 1922.
Official Site / Current Material
- The British House & Garden website has information on subscribing to the UK magazine, as well as a blog and some other online content.
This is a record of a major serial archive. This page is maintained for The Online Books Page.
(See our criteria for listing serial archives.) This page has no affiliation with the serial or its publisher.
Help with reading books -- Report a bad link -- Suggest a new listing
Home -- Search -- New Listings -- Authors -- Titles -- Subjects -- Serials
Books -- News -- Features -- Archives -- The Inside Story
Edited by John Mark Ockerbloom (email@example.com)
OBP copyright and licenses.