SERIAL ARCHIVE LISTINGS
The Mississippi Valley Historical Review
The Mississippi Valley Historical Review is the original name of a leading US history journal, now published as the Journal of American History.
The Mississippi Valley Historical Review began publishing in 1914. The first issue to have its copyright renewed was the September 1939 issue. In 1964, the journal was renamed the Journal of American History, the name it still carries today.
Persistent Archives of Complete Issues
- 1914-1922: JSTOR has volumes 1-8 freely available online. Later volumes require JSTOR subscription to access. For alternative sources of these early volumes, see below.
- 1914-1915: HathiTrust has Volume 1, covering June 1914 to March 1915.
- 1915-1916: HathiTrust has Volume 2, covering June 1915 to March 1916.
- 1916-1917: HathiTrust has Volume 3, covering June 1916 to March 1917.
- 1917-1918: The Internet Archive has Volume 4, covering June 1917 to March 1918.
- 1918-1919: HathiTrust has Volume 5, covering June 1918 to March 1919.
- 1919-1920: Google Bopos has Volume 6, covering June 1919 to March 1920. Access may be restricted outside the United States.
- 1920-1921: HathiTrust has Volume 7, covering June 1920 to March 1921.
- 1921-1922: HathiTrust has Volume 8, covering June 1921 to March 1922.
- 1999: A substantial portion of the March 1999 issue, on "Interpreting the Declaration of Independence by Translation", is freely readable online.
Official Site / Current Material
This is a record of a major serial archive. This page is maintained for The Online Books Page.
(See our criteria for listing serial archives.) This page has no affiliation with the serial or its publisher.
Help with reading books -- Report a bad link -- Suggest a new listing
Home -- Search -- New Listings -- Authors -- Titles -- Subjects -- Serials
Books -- News -- Features -- Archives -- The Inside Story
Edited by John Mark Ockerbloom (email@example.com).
OBP copyright and licenses.