presents serial archive listings for
Acts of the General Assembly of the State of Virginia
Acts of the General Assembly of the State of Virginia is an official record of the acts passed by Virginia's state legislature.
Virginia's general assembly was established in 1619. It continues to meet today. The title of the official Acts publication may vary somewhat from year to year.
Persistent Archives of Complete Issues
- 1835-1850, 1852, 1861-1865, 1870-1877, 1881-1886, 1895-1896, 1902-1904, 1908, 1916: HathiTrust has acts of many 19th and early 20th century sessions, scanned from Princeton University's holdings.
- 1861: The Internet Archive has the acts of the 1861 session.
- 1862: The Internet Archive has page images of the acts of the 1862 called session.
- 1862: Documenting the American South has a transcript of the acts of the 1862 called session.
- 1863: Documenting the American South has a transcript of the acts of the 1863 adjourned session (March 1863).
- 1863-1864: The Internet Archive has page images of the acts of the 1883 called session (September 1863-February 1864)
- 1994-present: Virginia's Legislative Information System has information on bills from 1994 to the present. To limit the search to Acts, limit the search to "Chapters", and exclude failed legislation.
Official Site / Current Material
This is a record of a major serial archive. This page is maintained for The Online Books Page.
(See our criteria for listing serial archives.) This page has no affiliation with the serial or its publisher.
Help with reading books -- Report a bad link -- Suggest a new listing
Home -- Search -- New Listings -- Authors -- Titles -- Subjects -- Serials
Books -- News -- Features -- Archives -- The Inside Story
Edited by John Mark Ockerbloom (firstname.lastname@example.org)
OBP copyright and licenses.