The Night Before Christmas
by Clement Clarke Moore
The Night Before Christmas is a popular name for Clement C. Moore's Christmas poem, "A Visit from St. Nicholas".
This work's page has more information about this work, including links to books on related topics.
The poem was first published, anonymously, in the Troy (NY) Sentinel in 1823. It was included in Moore's 1844 book of poems, and has also been published in many standalone illustrated editions since its first publication.
Online Editions and Versions
- A Visit from St. Nicholas (early newspaper, book, and manuscript editions), by Clement Clarke Moore, illust. by T. C. Boyd (HTML with commentary at sacred-texts.com)
- A Visit from Saint Nicholas (New York: J. G. Gregory, c1862), by Clement Clarke Moore, illust. by Felix Octavius Carr Darley
- A Visit From St. Nicholas (Boston: L. Prang and Co., c1864), by Clement Clarke Moore (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Twas the Night Before Christmas: A Visit from Saint Nicholas (Boston: Houghton Mifflin Co., c1912), by Clement Clarke Moore, illust. by Jessie Willcox Smith
- A Visit From St. Nicholas (Boston: Atlantic Monthly Press, 1921), by Clement Clarke Moore, illust. by Florence Wyman Ivins (multiple formats at archive.org)
Help with reading books -- Report a bad link -- Suggest a new listing
Home -- Search -- New Listings -- Authors -- Titles -- Subjects -- Serials
Books -- News -- Features -- Archives -- The Inside Story
Edited by John Mark Ockerbloom (email@example.com)
OBP copyright and licenses.