Cabala -- History
See also what's at your library, or elsewhere.
Filed under: Cabala -- History
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.
Filed under: Cabala
Filed under: Cabala -- Early works to 1800
Filed under: Mysticism -- Judaism -- Historiography
Filed under: Jews -- History
- Fundamentos da Cabala: Sêfer Yetsirá (revised and expanded edition, in Portuguese; 2011), by Carlos A. P. Campani (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Flowering Light: Kabbalistic Mysticism and the Art of Elliot R. Wolfson (Houston: Rice University Press, 2008), by Marcia Brennan (illustrated HTML with commentary at Rice University Press)
- Man, Minerals and Masters (Los Angeles: DeVorss and Co., c1937), by Charles W. Littlefield (page images at HathiTrust)
- The Mysteries of the Qabalah: Written Down by Seven Pupils of E.G. and Prepared for publication By One of Them (second volume of "The Hidden Treasures of the Ancient Qabalah"; Chicago: Yogi Publication Society, 1922), contrib. by Elias Gewurz (HTML with commentary at sacred-texts.com)
- The Doctrine and Literature of the Kabalah (London: Theosophical Publishing Society, 1902), by Arthur Edward Waite (multiple formats at archive.org)
- The Hidden Treasures of the Ancient Qabalah: The Transmutation of Passion into Power (first volume of a 2-volume series; Chicago: Yogi Publication Society, c1918), by Elias Gewurz (HTML with commentary at sacred-texts.com)
- The Kabalah and the Kabalists, by H. P. Blavatsky (PDF at theosophical.ca)
- Kabbala Denudata: The Kabbalah Unveiled, Containing the Following Books of the Zohar: The Book of Concealed Mystery, The Greater Holy Assembly, The Lesser Holy Assembly, trans. by S. L. MacGregor Mathers (HTML at sacred-texts.com)
- Q.B.L., or, The Bride's Reception, by Frater Achad (HTML at hermetic.com)
- Song of the Soul: Introduction to Kaballa, by Yehi'el Avraham Barlev (HTML at yedidnefesh.com)
- Jewish Mysticism, by J. Abelson (HTML with commentary at sacred-texts.com)
- The Most Holy Trinosophia (in English and French, with commentary), by comte de Saint-Germain, ed. by Manly P. Hall (HTML at sacred-texts.com)
- Numbers and Letters: or, The Thirty-Two Paths of Wisdom (deluxe edition; New York: Broadway Pub. Co., c1908), by Margaret B. Peeke (page images at HathiTrust)
- Qabbalah: The Philosophical Writings of Solomon ben Yehudah Ibn Gebirol, or Avicebron, and Their Connection with the Hebrew Qabbalah and Sepher ha-Zohar, With Remarks upon the Antiquity and Content of the Latter and Translations of Selected Passages From the Same (Philadelphia: The author, 1888), by Isaac Myer (page images at HathiTrust)
- The Secret Doctrine in Israel: A Study of the Zohar and its Connections (New York: Occult Research Press, n.d.; originally published 1913), by Arthur Edward Waite (multiple formats at archive.org)
- The Hieroglyphic Monad, by John Dee (illustrated HTML at esotericarchives.com)
- The Secret Teachings of All Ages: An Encyclopedic Outline of Masonic, Hermetic, Qabbalistic and Rosicrucian Symbolical Philosophy (1928), by Manly P. Hall (illustrated HTML at sacred-texts.com)
Filed under: Jews -- History -- 586 B.C.-70 A.D.
Filed under: Jews -- History -- 70-1789
Filed under: Jews -- History -- Fiction
Filed under: Jews -- History -- Juvenile literature
Filed under: Jews -- History -- Outlines, syllabi, etc.
- Dissolving Views in the History of Judaism (Boston: Lee and Shepard; New York: Charles T. Dillingham, c1888), by Solomon Schindler (multiple formats at archive.org)
- History of the Jews (English abridged edition, 6 volumes; Philadelphia; Jewish Publication Society of America, c1891-1898), by Heinrich Graetz, ed. by Bella Löwy, contrib. by Philipp Bloch
- Our Young Folks' Josephus, by Flavius Josephus, ed. by William S. Walsh (HTML at mainlesson.com)
- The Wars of the Jews, or The History of the Destruction of Jerusalem, by Flavius Josephus, trans. by William Whiston
- Are the Jews a Menace to Civilization? The Character of the Jew Explained (c1934), contrib. by Henry Segal (multiple formats at archive.org)
- The Works of Flavius Josephus, by Flavius Josephus, trans. by William Whiston (HTML at CCEL)
Filed under: Jews -- History -- Philosophy
Filed under: Jews -- History -- To 1200 B.C.
Filed under: Jews -- History -- To 586 B.C.
Filed under: Jews -- History -- To 70 A.D.
- Historical Syllabus From 1700 C.E. to the Present Day: A Course of Thirteen Readings (prepared for the Jewish Study Society based on a textbook by Graetz, ca. 1905), by Israel Cohen, contrib. by Heinrich Graetz
Filed under: Jews -- History -- To 953 B.C.Filed under: Judaism -- HistoryFiled under: Zionism -- HistoryFiled under: Jews -- Brazil -- HistoryFiled under: Jews -- Bulgaria -- HistoryFiled under: Jews -- China -- HistoryFiled under: Jews -- Civilization -- History
- Prolegomena to the History of Israel, With a Reprint of the Article "Israel" from the "Encyclopaedia Britannica", by Julius Wellhausen, trans. by J. Sutherland Black and Allan Menzies
- The Pharisees: The Sociological Background of Their Faith (second edition, 2 volumes; Philadelphia: Jewish Publication Society of America, 1940), by Louis Finkelstein (page images at HathiTrust)
- Jerusalem: The Topography, Economics, and History From the Earliest Times to A.D. 70 (London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1907-1908), by George Adam Smith
More items available under broader and related terms at left.