Archaeology -- Dictionaries
See also what's at your library, or elsewhere.
Filed under: Archaeology -- Dictionaries
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.
Filed under: Archaeology
Filed under: Archaeology -- Computer network resources
Filed under: Archaeology -- Congresses
Filed under: Archaeology -- Data processing
Filed under: Archaeology -- Egypt
- Challenging the Dichotomy: The Licit and the Illicit in Archaeological and Heritage Discourses (originally published 2016; open access edition Tucson: University of Arizona Press, 2020), ed. by Les W. Field, Cristóbal Gnecco, and Joe Watkins (PDF with commentary at Arizona)
- Writing as Material Practice: Substance, Surface and Medium (London: Ubiquity Press, c2013), ed. by Kathryn Piquette and Ruth Whitehouse (PDF at Ubiquity Press)
- A Text-Book of European Archaelogy, Volume I: The Palaeolithic Period (only volume published; Cambridge, UK: At the University Press, 1921), by Robert Alexander Stewart Macalister
- The Epoch of the Mammoth and the Apparition of Man Upon the Earth, by James Cocke Southall (page images at MOA)
- Manners and Monuments of Prehistoric Peoples, by Jean-François-Albert du Pouget Nadaillac, trans. by N. D'Anvers (Gutenberg text)
- Archaic England: An Essay in Deciphering Prehistory From Megalithic Monuments, Earthworks, Customs, Coins, Place-Names, and Faerie Superstitions (London: Chapman and Hall, 1919), by Harold Bayley
- Opuscula Archaeologica Oscari Montelio, Septuagenario, Dicata D. IX M. SEPT. A. MCMXIII (in German; Stockholm: I. Hæggstrœm, 1913), ed. by Bernhard Salin (page images at HathiTrust; US access only)
- The Prehistoric World: or, Vanished Races, by Emory Adams Allen (Gutenberg text and illustrated HTML)
- Mesopotamian Archaeology: An Introduction to the Archaeology of Babylonia and Assyria (New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1912), by Percy Stuart Peache Handcock (multiple formats at Google)
Filed under: Archaeology -- Encyclopedias
- Études de Mythologie et d'Archéologie Égyptiennes (8 volumes of Bibliothèque Égyptologique, in French; Paris: E. Leroux, 1893-1916), by G. Maspero
Filed under: Archaeology -- Information technology
Filed under: Archaeology -- Iran
Filed under: Archaeology -- Juvenile literature
- The Iconographic Encyclopaedia of the Arts and Sciences: Translated from the German of the Bilder-Atlas (Iconographische Encyclopaedie), Revised and Enlarged by Eminent American Specialists (7 volulmes; Philadelphia: Iconographic Publishing House, c1885-1890), ed. by Daniel G. Brinton, John Foster Kirk, Allan Marquand, W. N. Lockington, William H. Wahl, Robert Grimshaw, John H. Cooper, E. A. Posselt, Louis H. Spellier, and Angelo Heilprin
Filed under: Archaeology -- Methodology
Filed under: Archaeology -- Oceania
- Cave, Mound, and Lake Dwellers, and Other Primitive People (Boston et al.: D. C. Heath and Co., c1911), by Florence Holbrook
Filed under: Archaeology -- PeriodicalsFiled under: Archaeology -- Societies, etc.
- Pacific Island Heritage: Archaeology, Identity and Community (2011), ed. by Jolie Liston, Geoffrey R. Clark, and Dwight Alexander
More items available under broader and related terms at left.