Cabala -- History
See also what's at your library, or elsewhere.
Filed under: Cabala -- History
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.
Filed under: Cabala
Filed under: Cabala -- Early works to 1800
Filed under: Mysticism -- Judaism -- Historiography
Filed under: Jews -- History
- Fundamentos da Cabala: Sêfer Yetsirá (revised and expanded edition, in Portuguese; 2011), by Carlos A. P. Campani (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Flowering Light: Kabbalistic Mysticism and the Art of Elliot R. Wolfson (Houston: Rice University Press, 2008), by Marcia Brennan (illustrated HTML with commentary at Rice University Press)
- Man, Minerals and Masters (Los Angeles: DeVorss and Co., c1937), by Charles W. Littlefield (page images at HathiTrust)
- The Mysteries of the Qabalah: Written Down by Seven Pupils of E.G. and Prepared for publication By One of Them (second volume of "The Hidden Treasures of the Ancient Qabalah"; Chicago: Yogi Publication Society, 1922), contrib. by Elias Gewurz (HTML with commentary at sacred-texts.com)
- The Canon: An Exposition of the Pagan Mystery Perpetuated in the Cabala as the Rule of All the Arts (London: Elkin Mathews, 1897), by William Stirling, contrib. by R. B. Cunninghame Graham
- The Doctrine and Literature of the Kabalah (London: Theosophical Publishing Society, 1902), by Arthur Edward Waite (multiple formats at archive.org)
- The Hidden Treasures of the Ancient Qabalah: The Transmutation of Passion into Power (first volume of a 2-volume series; Chicago: Yogi Publication Society, c1918), by Elias Gewurz (HTML with commentary at sacred-texts.com)
- The Kabalah and the Kabalists (Adyar Pamphlets #105; Chennai: Theosophical Pub. House, 1919), by H. P. Blavatsky
- Kabbala Denudata: The Kabbalah Unveiled, Containing the Following Books of the Zohar: The Book of Concealed Mystery, The Greater Holy Assembly, The Lesser Holy Assembly, trans. by S. L. MacGregor Mathers (HTML at sacred-texts.com)
- Q.B.L., or, The Bride's Reception, by Frater Achad (HTML at hermetic.com)
- Song of the Soul: Introduction to Kaballa, by Yehi'el Avraham Barlev (HTML at yedidnefesh.com)
- Jewish Mysticism, by J. Abelson (HTML with commentary at sacred-texts.com)
- The Most Holy Trinosophia (in English and French, with commentary), by comte de Saint-Germain, ed. by Manly P. Hall (HTML at sacred-texts.com)
- Numbers and Letters: or, The Thirty-Two Paths of Wisdom (deluxe edition; New York: Broadway Pub. Co., c1908), by Margaret B. Peeke (page images at HathiTrust)
- Qabbalah: The Philosophical Writings of Solomon ben Yehudah Ibn Gebirol, or Avicebron, and Their Connection with the Hebrew Qabbalah and Sepher ha-Zohar, With Remarks upon the Antiquity and Content of the Latter and Translations of Selected Passages From the Same (Philadelphia: The author, 1888), by Isaac Myer (page images at HathiTrust)
- The Secret Doctrine in Israel: A Study of the Zohar and its Connections (New York: Occult Research Press, n.d.; originally published 1913), by Arthur Edward Waite (multiple formats at archive.org)
- The Hieroglyphic Monad, by John Dee (illustrated HTML at esotericarchives.com)
- The Secret Teachings of All Ages: An Encyclopedic Outline of Masonic, Hermetic, Qabbalistic and Rosicrucian Symbolical Philosophy (1928), by Manly P. Hall (illustrated HTML at sacred-texts.com)
Filed under: Jews -- History -- 586 B.C.-70 A.D.
Filed under: Jews -- History -- 70-
Filed under: Jews -- History -- 70-1789
Filed under: Jews -- History -- Fiction
Filed under: Jews -- History -- Juvenile literature
Filed under: Jews -- History -- Outlines, syllabi, etc.
- Biblical and Semitic Studies: Critical and Historical Essays by the Members of the Semitic and Biblical Faculty of Yale University, contrib. by Edward Lewis Curtis, Charles Foster Kent, Frank Knight Sanders, Frank Chamberlin Porter, Warren Joseph Moulton, Benjamin Wisner Bacon, and C. C. Torrey (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Dissolving Views in the History of Judaism (Boston: Lee and Shepard; New York: Charles T. Dillingham, c1888), by Solomon Schindler
- History of the Jews (English abridged edition, 6 volumes; Philadelphia; Jewish Publication Society of America, c1891-1898), by Heinrich Graetz, ed. by Bella Löwy, contrib. by Philipp Bloch
- Our Young Folks' Josephus, by Flavius Josephus, ed. by William S. Walsh (HTML at Gateway to the Classics)
- The Wars of the Jews, or The History of the Destruction of Jerusalem, by Flavius Josephus, trans. by William Whiston
- Are the Jews a Menace to Civilization? The Character of the Jew Explained (c1934), contrib. by Henry Segal (multiple formats at archive.org)
- The Works of Flavius Josephus, by Flavius Josephus, trans. by William Whiston (HTML at CCEL)
- The Works of Flavius Josephus, the Learned and Authentic Jewish Historian and Celebrated Warrior; To Which are Added Seven Dissertations Concerning Jesus Christ, John the Baptist, James the Just, God's command to Abraham, etc. (New York: Virtue and Yorston, ca. 1874), by Flavius Josephus, trans. by William Whiston, contrib. by Henry Stebbing (page images at HathiTrust)
Filed under: Jews -- History -- Philosophy
Filed under: Jews -- History -- To 1200 B.C.
Filed under: Jews -- History -- To 586 B.C.
Filed under: Jews -- History -- To 70 A.D.
- Historical Syllabus From 1700 C.E. to the Present Day: A Course of Thirteen Readings (prepared for the Jewish Study Society based on a textbook by Graetz, ca. 1905), by Israel Cohen, contrib. by Heinrich Graetz
Filed under: Jews -- History -- To 953 B.C.
- De Republica Ebraeorum (in Latin; Leiden: J. Maire, 1641), by Bonaventure Corneille Bertram, ed. by Constantijn 1591-1648 L'Empereur (page images at HathiTrust)
- Prolegomena to the History of Israel, With a Reprint of the Article "Israel" from the "Encyclopaedia Britannica", by Julius Wellhausen, trans. by J. Sutherland Black and Allan Menzies
- The Pharisees: The Sociological Background of Their Faith (second edition, 2 volumes; Philadelphia: Jewish Publication Society of America, 1940), by Louis Finkelstein (page images at HathiTrust)
- History of the People of Israel (5 volumes; Boston: Roberts Bros., 1896), by Ernest Renan, trans. by Joseph Henry Allen and Elizabeth Wormeley Latimer
- Jerusalem: The Topography, Economics, and History From the Earliest Times to A.D. 70 (London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1907-1908), by George Adam Smith
More items available under broader and related terms at left.