See also what's at Wikipedia, your library, or elsewhere.
Broader term:Related term:Narrower terms:Used for:
Filed under: Disasters|
Filed under: Disasters -- Economic aspects -- California -- Congresses
Filed under: Fires -- England -- London -- Juvenile fiction
Filed under: Great Fire, London, England, 1666 -- FictionFiled under: Great Fire, London, England, 1666 -- Juvenile fictionFiled under: Disasters -- Fiction
- Tragic Story of America's Greatest Disaster: Tornado, Flood and Fire in Ohio, Indiana, Nebraska and Mississippi Valley (Chicago: J. S. Ziegler, c1913), by Marshall Everett (illustrated HTML at usgennet.org)
- Catastrophe and Social Change, Based Upon a Sociological Study of the Halifax Disaster (Columbia University doctoral dissertation; 1920), by Samuel Henry Prince (Gutenberg text)
- Chaos and Creation: An Introduction to Quantavolution in Human and Natural History, by Alfred De Grazia (PDF files at grazian-archive.com)
- The Disasters Darwinism Brought to Humanity, by Harun Yahya (illustrated HTML at harunyahya.com)
- The Terrific Register: or, Record of Crimes, Judgments, Providences and Calamities (2 volumes; London: Sherwood, Jones, and Co.; Edinburgh: Hunter, 1825) (page images at HathiTrust)
Filed under: Catastrophical, The -- Fiction
- The Doom of London, by Fred M. White, illust. by Warwick Goble (Gutenberg text and illustrated HTML)
Filed under: Environmental disasters -- FictionFiled under: Fires -- Fiction
Filed under: Fires -- Casualties -- FictionFiled under: Natural disasters -- Fiction
- The Last Centurion (included on the Claws that Catch Baen CD image; c2008), by John Ringo
Filed under: Earthquakes -- FictionFiled under: Environmental degradation -- FictionFiled under: Storms -- FictionFiled under: Tsunamis -- FictionFiled under: Disasters -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Filed under: Emergency management -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Filed under: Emergency management -- Japan -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Filed under: Disaster relief -- Japan -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Filed under: Emergency management -- United States -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Filed under: Disasters -- Health aspectsFiled under: Disasters -- Psychological aspectsFiled under: Building failuresFiled under: Collisions at seaFiled under: Disasters in literatureFiled under: Emergency management
- The Year When Stardust Fell (Philadelphia and Toronto: J. C. Winston Co., c1958), by Raymond F. Jones, illust. by James Heugh and Alex Schomburg
- The Purple Cloud, by M. P. Shiel (Gutenberg text)
Filed under: FiresFiled under: Industrial accidents
- Dull Disasters? How Planning Ahead Will Make a Difference (Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, c2016), by Daniel J. Clarke and Stefan Dercon (PDF with commentary at worldbank.org)
- Managing Major Events: Best Practices From the Field (2011), by Police Executive Research Forum (PDF at policeforum.org)
- Public Health Guide for Emergencies (second edition, 2008), by Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (PDF files at jhsph.edu)
- Bolstering Critical Infrastructure Resilience After Superstorm Sandy: Lessons for New York and the Nation (Boston: Northeastern University, 2015), by Stephen E. Flynn (multiple formats at Northeastern)
- Managing the Risks of Extreme Events and Disasters to Advance Climate Change Adaptation (c2012), by Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (PDF at ipcc-wg2.gov)
- Observing the Volcano World: Volcano Crisis Communication (Cham: SpringerOpen, c2018), ed. by Carina J. Fearnley, Deanne K. Bird, Katharine Haynes, William J. McGuire, and Gill Jolly (multiple formats with commentary at SpringerLink)
Filed under: Natural disastersFiled under: Steamboat disasters
- Comparison of an Eight-Hour Plant and a Ten-Hour Plant (Public health bulletin #106; Washington: GPO, 1920), by Josephine Goldmark and Mary Della Hopkins
- Ley de Accidentes del Trabajo: Estudio Crítico de la Española de 30 de Enero de 1900, de su Reglamento y Disposiciones Concordantes Comparadas con las Principales Legislaciones Extranjeras (in Spanish; Salamanca: Impr. de Calón, á cargo de A. Iglesias, 1903), by Hipólito González Rebollar, contrib. by Adolfo A. Buylla y G. Alegre
More items available under narrower terms.