Emblems -- Europe -- Early works to 1800
See also what's at your library, or elsewhere.
Filed under: Emblems -- Europe -- Early works to 1800
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.
Filed under: Emblems -- Europe
Filed under: Emblems -- Spain -- Bibliography
Filed under: Emblems -- Early works to 1800
Filed under: Emblems -- England -- Early works to 1800
- A Choice of Emblemes, and Other Devises (London: Francis Raphelengius, 1586), by Geffrey Whitney (page images at PSU)
- Atalanta Fugiens, hoc est Emblemata Nova de Secretis Naturae Chymica (in Latin; Oppenheim, Germany: Ex Typ. H. Galleri, sumptibus J. Theodori de Bry, 1618), by Michael Maier
- The Heroicall Devises of M. Claudius Paradin, Whereunto are Added the Lord Gabriel Symeons and Others (London: William Kearney, 1591), by Claude Paradin (page images at PSU)
- The Book of Emblems (in Latin and English), by Andrea Alciati (illustrated HTML with commentary at mun.ca)
- Choice of Emblemes (without introductory materials or sidenotes), by Geffrey Whitney (illustrated HTML with commentary at mun.ca)
- Mundorum Explicatio: or, The Explanation of an Hieroglyphical Figure Wherein are Couched the Mysteries of the External, Internal, and Eternal Worlds, Shewing the True Progress of a Soul from the Court of Babylon to the City of Jerusalem, from the Adamical Fallen State to the Regenerate and Angelical (attributed by some to both Samuel and John Pordage; London: Printed by T. R. for L. Lloyd, 1661), contrib. by Samuel Pordage and John Pordage (HTML at EEBO TCP)
- Via Vitae Aeternae (2 volumes in Latin; Antwerp: M. Nutij, 1620), by Antoine Sucquet, illust. by Boëce van Bolswert
- Atalanta Fugiens (English translation from MS Sloane 3645 in the British library), by Michael Maier