Epic poetry, Italian -- Translations into English
See also what's at your library, or elsewhere.
Filed under: Epic poetry, Italian -- Translations into English|
- The Jerusalem of Torquato Tasso (only the first book is translated in this edition; London: Printed by J. Bettenham, 1738), by Torquato Tasso, trans. by Thomas Hooke
- Godfrey of Bulloigne: or, The Recoverie of Jerusalem, Done Into English Historicall Verse (London: A. Hatfield for J. Jaggard and M. Lownes, 1600), by Torquato Tasso, trans. by Edward Fairfax
- Jerusalem Delivered (revised edition; New York and London: Co-Operative Publication Society, c1901), by Torquato Tasso, ed. by Henry Morley, trans. by Edward Fairfax
- Jerusalem Delivered (based on a 1901 edition), by Torquato Tasso, trans. by Edward Fairfax
- Jerusalem Delivered: An Heroic Poem (6th edition, with notes, in 2 volumes; London: J. Dodsley, 1787), by Torquato Tasso, trans. by John Hoole
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.
Filed under: Epic poetry, Italian
Filed under: Epic poetry, Italian -- History and criticism
- Recherches sur les Rapports des Chansons des Geste et de L'Épopée Chevaleresque Italienne, Avec Textes Inédits (in French; Paris: Maisonneuve Frères et Ch. Leclerc, 1887), by Ferdinand Castets
Filed under: Italian poetry -- Translations into English
- Euphorion: Being Studies of the Antique and the Medieval in the Renaissance (2 volumes), by Vernon Lee
- The Italian Poets, Translated into English Prose: Containing a Summary in Prose of the Poems of Dante, Pulci, Boiardo, Ariosto, and Tasso (New York: H. W. Derby, 1861), by Leigh Hunt, contrib. by Dante Alighieri, Luigi Pulci, Matteo Maria Boiardo, Lodovico Ariosto, and Torquato Tasso (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Rampolli: Growths From a Long-Planted Root, Being Translations, New and Old, Chiefly From the German; Along With A Year's Diary of an Old Soul (London et al.: Longmans, Green, and Co., 1897), by George MacDonald