Essays and reviews
See also what's at your library, or elsewhere.
Filed under: Essays and reviews|
- Scriptural Interpretation: The essay of Professor Jowett briefly considered, in a letter to the Rev. Professor Stanley, D.D., (J.H. & Jas. Parker, 1861), by Robert C. Jenkins (page images at HathiTrust)
- The suppression of doubt is not faith: A letter to the Lord Bishop of Oxford, on his two sermons, entitled "The Revelation of God the Probation of Man." (J.L.Wheeler, 1861), by H. Mosley (page images at HathiTrust)
- The "Essays and reviews," examined on the principles of common-sense : with some preliminary remarks on the mode in which instructions are communicated from God to man (Walton and Maberly, 1861), by James Taylor (page images at HathiTrust)
- Essays & reviews; a protest addressed to the lord bishop of Salisbury on the appearance of the "Episcopal manifesto", with a letter to Rowland Williams and an appendix containing extracts from each of the seven essays and reviews exhibiting the general character and spirit of the work. (R. Hardwicke, 1861), by Robert Bruce Kennard (page images at HathiTrust)
- The question of inspiration plainly stated, in reference to certain views put forth by the authors of the book termed "Essays and reviews". (J.H. and J. Parker, 1861), by Henry Miller (page images at HathiTrust)
- Brief strictures upon the Oxford Essays and reviews (Printed and published by C.J. Jacob ;, 1861), by Francis Osbern Giffard (page images at HathiTrust)
- Neology not true, and truth not new: three treatises concerning F.D. Maurice's Vere street sermons, [Rev.] Prof. Jowett's doctrine on "The Righteousness of God," J.L. Davies' reply to "Atonement by Propitiation", with that treatise also, and a summary of the atonement controversy. (J. Nisbet and Co., etc., etc., 1861), by Charles Hebert (page images at HathiTrust)
- On certain characteristics of holy scripture : with special reference to an essay on the interpretation of scripture contained in "Essays and reviews" / by John Gibson Cazenove. (John and Charles Mozley, 1861), by John Gibson Cazenove (page images at HathiTrust)
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.