Here are entered works on the region between the Orinoco, Negro and Amazon Rivers and the Atlantic Ocean, including Suriname, Guyana, French Guiana, southeastern Venezuela and northern Brazil.
See also what's at Wikipedia, your library, or elsewhere.
Narrower terms:Used for:
- Guianas, The
- Guyana (Region)
- The Guianas
Filed under: Guiana|
Filed under: Guiana -- Description and travel
Filed under: Guiana -- Discovery and exploration -- English -- Early works to 1800Filed under: Guiana -- Fiction
- Dalle Antille alle Gujane e all'Amazzonia (second edition, in Italian; Rome: Rivista Marittima, 1908), by Gregorio Ronca
- A Statistical Account of the West India Islands, Together With General Descriptions of the Bermudas, Bay Islands, and Belize, and the Guayana Colonies (New York: J. H. Colton and Co., 1855), by Richard Swainson Fisher
Filed under: Botany -- GuianaFiled under: Indians of South America -- Guiana
- The Devil-Tree of El Dorado: A Novel (New York: New Amsterdam Book Co.; London: Hutchinson and Co., c1897), by Frank Aubrey, illust. by Leigh Ellis and Fred Hyland
Filed under: Raleigh, Walter, Sir, 1552?-1618 -- Travel -- Guiana
- An Inquiry into the Animism and Folk-Lore of the Guiana Indians (extract from the 30th annual report of the Bureau of American Ethnology; 1915), by Walter E. Roth
- Narrative, of a Five Years' Expedition, Against the Revolted Negroes of Surinam, in Guiana, on the Wild Coast of South America, From the Year 1772, to 1777 (2 volumes; London: Printed for J. Johnson and T. Payne, 1813), by John Gabriel Stedman, illust. by William Blake, Thomas Holloway, and Francesco Bartolozzi
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.