Here are entered works on intracorporeal pumping mechanisms that duplicate the function of the natural heart. Works on extracorporeal pumping mechanisms that duplicate the function of the natural heart are entered under Heart, Mechanical.
See also what's at Wikipedia, your library, or elsewhere.
Broader terms:Narrower term:Used for:
- Artificial heart
- Intracorporeal artificial heart
Filed under: Heart, Artificial -- Cost effectiveness
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.
Filed under: Heart, Mechanical
Filed under: Coronary heart disease -- Diet therapy -- RecipesFiled under: Coronary heart disease -- Prevention
Filed under: Myocardial infarction -- Prevention
Filed under: Coronary artery bypass -- Patients -- United States -- Biography
Filed under: Heart -- Contraction -- RegulationFiled under: Heart -- Diseases
Filed under: Heart -- Diseases -- Diagnosis
Filed under: PercussionFiled under: Pulse
- Cardiology Explained (London: Remedica, 2004), by Euan A. Ashley and Josef Niebauer (illustrated HTML at NIH)
- How to Prevent Heart Attacks (Milwaukee: Lee Foundation for Nutritional Research, c1958), by Benjamin Pincus Sandler (page images at HathiTrust)
- Disturbances of the Heart: Discussion of the Treatment of the Heart in Its Various Disorders, With a Chapter on Blood Pressure (second edition, ca.1916), by Oliver T. Osborne (Gutenberg text)
- Treatise on the Diseases of the Heart, and Great Vessels (Philadelphia: Carey, Lea and Blanchard, 1833), by R. J. Bertin, ed. by J. Bouillaud, trans. by Charles W. Chauncy
- The Span of Life, as Influenced by the Heart, the Kidneys and the Blood Vessels (Springfield, IL and Baltimore: C. C. Thomas, 1933), by Franklin R. Nuzum (page images at HathiTrust)
Filed under: Salt-free diet -- United StatesFiled under: Heart -- Diseases -- Nutritional aspectsFiled under: Heart -- Diseases -- PatientsFiled under: Heart -- Diseases -- PeriodicalsFiled under: Heart -- Diseases -- Popular worksFiled under: Heart -- Diseases -- Prevention
Filed under: Heart -- Diseases -- Prevention -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Filed under: Cardiac arrest -- Treatment
Filed under: CPR (First aid)
Filed under: Cardiac resuscitation
Filed under: Heart -- Parasites -- Early works to 1800
Filed under: Heart murmursFiled under: Heart -- Early works to 1800
Filed under: Heart -- Foreign bodies -- Early works to 1800Filed under: Heart -- Poetry
Filed under: Heart beat
- Pulse and Rhythm (reprinted from the Popular Science Monthly, 1903), by Mary Elizabeth Hallock Greenewalt