Jews -- England -- History
See also what's at Wikipedia, your library, or elsewhere.
Broader terms:Used for:
- History of the Jews in England
Filed under: Jews -- England -- History
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.
Filed under: Jews -- England -- DramaFiled under: Jews -- England -- Early works to 1800Filed under: Jews -- England -- Fiction
Filed under: Jews -- England -- London -- FictionFiled under: Jews -- England -- Juvenile fiction
Filed under: Jews -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century
Filed under: Judaism -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th centuryFiled under: Jews -- Great Britain -- BiographyFiled under: Jews -- Great Britain -- Genealogy
- Jewish Characters in Eighteenth-Century English Fiction and Drama (Groningen, Netherlands: J. B. Wolters, 1935), by Harm Reijnderd Sientjo van der Veen (page images at delpher.nl)
- Aaron the Jew: A Novel (London: Hutchinson and Co., 1895), by B. L. Farjeon
- Daniel Deronda, by George Eliot
- Rebecca and Rowena: A Romance Upon Romance (London: Chapman and Hall, 1850), by William Makepeace Thackeray, illust. by Richard Doyle (multiple formats at Google)
- Ivanhoe, by Walter Scott
Filed under: Zionism -- Great Britain -- History
Filed under: Jews -- History
- The History and Genealogy of the Jewish Families of Yates and Samuel of Liverpool, From Materials Collected by Stuart M. Samuel, M.P. (London: Printed for private circulation, 1901), by Stuart Montagu Samuel, ed. by Lucien Wolf
Filed under: Jews -- History -- 586 B.C.-70 A.D.
Filed under: Jews -- History -- 70-
Filed under: Jews -- History -- 70-1789
- Biblical and Semitic Studies: Critical and Historical Essays by the Members of the Semitic and Biblical Faculty of Yale University, contrib. by Edward Lewis Curtis, Charles Foster Kent, Frank Knight Sanders, Frank Chamberlin Porter, Warren Joseph Moulton, Benjamin Wisner Bacon, and C. C. Torrey (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Dissolving Views in the History of Judaism (Boston: Lee and Shepard; New York: Charles T. Dillingham, c1888), by Solomon Schindler
- Geschichte der Juden von den Ältesten Zeiten bis auf die Gegenwart: Aus den Quellen Neu Bearbeitet (11 volumes in 12, in German; Leipzig: O. Leiner, 1866-1878), by Heinrich Graetz
- History of the Jews (English abridged edition, 6 volumes; Philadelphia; Jewish Publication Society of America, c1891-1898), by Heinrich Graetz, ed. by Bella Löwy, contrib. by Philipp Bloch
- Our Young Folks' Josephus, by Flavius Josephus, ed. by William S. Walsh (HTML at Gateway to the Classics)
- The Wars of the Jews, or The History of the Destruction of Jerusalem, by Flavius Josephus, trans. by William Whiston
- Are the Jews a Menace to Civilization? The Character of the Jew Explained (c1934), contrib. by Henry Segal (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Hebrew Union College Jubilee Volume (1875-1925) (Cincinnati, 1925), ed. by David Philipson, H. G. Enelow, Kaufmann Kohler, Jacob Zallel Lauterbach, Jacob Mann, Julian Morgenstern, and William Rosenau (multiple formats at archive.org)
- The Works of Flavius Josephus, by Flavius Josephus, trans. by William Whiston (HTML at CCEL)
- The Works of Flavius Josephus, the Learned and Authentic Jewish Historian and Celebrated Warrior; To Which are Added Seven Dissertations Concerning Jesus Christ, John the Baptist, James the Just, God's command to Abraham, etc. (New York: Virtue and Yorston, ca. 1874), by Flavius Josephus, trans. by William Whiston, contrib. by Henry Stebbing (page images at HathiTrust)
Filed under: Jews -- History -- Fiction
Filed under: Jews -- History -- Juvenile literature
Filed under: Jews -- History -- Outlines, syllabi, etc.
- Persecution of the Jews in the Roman Empire, by Jim Seaver (HTML in Italy)
- Die Kirchliche Judengesetzgebung im Zeitalter der Reformkonzilien von Konstanz und Basel (dissertation in German; Breslau: S. Lilienfeld, 1912), by Max Simonsohn
Filed under: Jews -- History -- Periodicals
Filed under: Jews -- History -- Philosophy
Filed under: Jews -- History -- To 1200 B.C.
Filed under: Jews -- History -- To 586 B.C.
Filed under: Jews -- History -- To 70 A.D.
- Historical Syllabus From 1700 C.E. to the Present Day: A Course of Thirteen Readings (prepared for the Jewish Study Society based on a textbook by Graetz, ca. 1905), by Israel Cohen, contrib. by Heinrich Graetz
Filed under: Jews -- History -- To 953 B.C.
- De Republica Ebraeorum (in Latin; Leiden: J. Maire, 1641), by Bonaventure Corneille Bertram, ed. by Constantijn 1591-1648 L'Empereur (page images at HathiTrust)
- Prolegomena to the History of Israel, With a Reprint of the Article "Israel" from the "Encyclopaedia Britannica", by Julius Wellhausen, trans. by J. Sutherland Black and Allan Menzies
- The Pharisees: The Sociological Background of Their Faith (second edition, 2 volumes; Philadelphia: Jewish Publication Society of America, 1940), by Louis Finkelstein (page images at HathiTrust)
- History of the People of Israel (5 volumes; Boston: Roberts Bros., 1896), by Ernest Renan, trans. by Joseph Henry Allen and Elizabeth Wormeley Latimer
- Jerusalem: The Topography, Economics, and History From the Earliest Times to A.D. 70 (London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1907-1908), by George Adam Smith
More items available under broader and related terms at left.