Jews -- History -- To 70 A.D. -- Fiction
See also what's at your library, or elsewhere.
Filed under: Jews -- History -- To 70 A.D. -- Fiction|
- The Hammer: A Story of the Maccabean Times (New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1893), by Alfred John Church and Richmond Seeley, illust. by John Jellicoe (illustrated HTML at Gateway to the Classics)
- Helon's Pilgrimage to Jerusalem, Volume 2 (of 2): A picture of Judaism, in the century which preceded the advent of our Savior., by Friedrich Strauss, trans. by John Kenrick (Gutenberg ebook)
- Israelin kuu: Kertomus II:sta Moseksen kirjasta (in Finnish), by H. Rider Haggard (Gutenberg ebook)
- Helon's Pilgrimage to Jerusalem, Volume 1 (of 2): A picture of Judaism, in the century which preceded the advent of our Savior., by Friedrich Strauss, trans. by John Kenrick (Gutenberg ebook)
- The Hammer: A Story of the Maccabean Times, by Richmond Seeley and Alfred John Church, illust. by John Jellicoe (Gutenberg ebook)
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.
Filed under: Jews -- History -- To 70 A.D.
Filed under: Jews -- History -- To 70 A.D. -- Early works to 1800
- De Republica Ebraeorum (in Latin; Leiden: J. Maire, 1641), by Bonaventure Corneille Bertram, ed. by Constantijn 1591-1648 L'Empereur (page images at HathiTrust)
- Prolegomena to the History of Israel, With a Reprint of the Article "Israel" from the "Encyclopaedia Britannica", by Julius Wellhausen, trans. by J. Sutherland Black and Allan Menzies
- The Pharisees: The Sociological Background of Their Faith (second edition, 2 volumes; Philadelphia: Jewish Publication Society of America, 1940), by Louis Finkelstein (page images at HathiTrust)
- History of the People of Israel (5 volumes; Boston: Roberts Bros., 1896), by Ernest Renan, trans. by Joseph Henry Allen and Elizabeth Wormeley Latimer
- Jerusalem: The Topography, Economics, and History From the Earliest Times to A.D. 70 (London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1907-1908), by George Adam Smith
- An illustrated history of the Holy Bible: being a connected account of the remarkable events and distinguished characters contained in the Old and New Testaments, and in Jewish history during the four hundred years intervening between the time of Malachi and the birth of Christ, including also the life of Christ and His apostles ... (Norwich, Conn. : H. Bill, 1869), by John Kitto (page images at HathiTrust)
- Histoire Sainte; ou, Histoire des Israélites: Depuis La Création, Jusqu'a La Dernière Destruction De Jérusalem (in French), by Henri Loeb (Gutenberg ebook)
- The history of the Old Testament methodiz'd according to the order and series of time wherein the several things therein mentioned were transacted ... to which is annex'd a Short history of the Jewish affairs from the end of the Old Testament to the birth of our Saviour : and a map also added of Canaan and the adjacent countries ... / by Samuel Cradock ... (London : Printed for Thomas Simmons ..., 1683), by Samuel Cradock (HTML at EEBO TCP)
Filed under: Jews -- History -- To 70 A.D. -- HistoriographyFiled under: Judaism -- History -- To 70 A.D.
Filed under: Jews -- History -- Fiction
Filed under: Jews -- Egypt -- History -- Fiction
- Erubhin or Miscellanies Christian and Iudaicall, and others Penned for recreation at vacant houres. By Iohn Lightfoote, Master in Arts, sometimes of Christs Colledge in Cambridge. (London : Printed By G. Miller for Robert Swayne and William Adderton, and are to be sold [by R. Michell] at the Bulls head in Pauls Church-yard, 1629), by John Lightfoot (HTML at EEBO TCP)
- Curiositez inouyes, sur la sculpture talismanique des persans. Horoscope des patriarches. Et lecture des estoilles. English. (London : Printed by G.D. for Humphrey Moseley, and are to be sold at his shop, at the Princes Armes in St. Pauls Church-Yard, 1650), by Jacques Gaffarel, trans. by Edmund Chilmead (HTML at EEBO TCP)
Filed under: Jews -- History -- 586 B.C.-70 A.D. -- Fiction
Filed under: Maccabees -- FictionFiled under: Jews -- History -- 70-1789 -- FictionFiled under: Jews -- History -- To 1200 B.C. -- Fiction
Filed under: Exodus, The -- Fiction
- The Yoke: A Romance of the Days When the Lord Redeemed the Children of Israel from the Bondage of Egypt (Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill Co., 1904), by Elizabeth Miller