Literature -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc
See also what's at your library, or elsewhere.
Broader terms:Narrower terms:
Filed under: Literature -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc|
Filed under: Drama -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc.Filed under: Epic literature -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc.Filed under: Fiction -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc.
Filed under: Experimental fiction -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc.Filed under: Fiction -- 20th century -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc.
Filed under: Literary historians -- Great Britain -- BiographyFiled under: Dyce, Alexander, 1798-1869Filed under: Poetry -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc.Filed under: Literature -- Women authors -- History and criticism -- Theory, etc.
- Writing, Medium, Machine: Modern Technographies (London: Open Humanities Press, 2016), ed. by Sean Pryor and David Trotter (PDF with commentary at Open Humanities Press)
- Revenge of the Aesthetic: The Place of Literature in Theory Today (Berkeley : University of California Press, c2000), ed. by Michael Clark (frame-dependent HTML with commentary at UC Press)
- Framing Theory's Empire (West Lafayette, IN: Parlor Press, c2007), ed. by John Holbo (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Seductive Reasoning: Pluralism as the Problematic of Contemporary Literary Theory (Ithaca, NY and London: Cornell University Press, c1989), by Ellen Rooney
- The First Sail: J. Hillis Miller ("a film book"; London: Open Humanities Press, 2015), ed. by Dragan Kujundzic (PDF with commentary at Open Humanities Press)
- Flight From Eden: The Origins of Modern Literary Criticism and Theory (Berkeley: University of California Press, 1990), by Steven Cassedy (HTML at UC Press)
- The Sacred Wood: Essays on Poetry and Criticism (1920 edition), by T. S. Eliot (HTML at Bartleby)
- The Fusion of Horatian and Aristotelian Literary Criticism, 1531-1555 (Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 1946), by Marvin T. Herrick (page images at HathiTrust)
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.
Filed under: Literature -- History and criticism
Filed under: Literature -- History and criticism -- Periodicals
Filed under: Apocalyptic literature -- History and criticism
- Literary Lectures Presented at the Library of Congress (Washington: Library of Congress, 1973), contrib. by Thomas Mann, T. S. Eliot, R. P. Blackmur, Archibald Henderson, Irving Stone, John O'Hara, MacKinlay Kantor, John Crowe Ransom, Delmore Schwartz, John Hall Wheelock, Robert Hillyer, Pierre Emmanuel, Cleanth Brooks, Richard Wilbur, Leon Edel, Alain Bosquet, Hans Egon Holthusen, Erich Heller, Marc Slonim, Lin Yutang, Giose Rimanelli, Arturo Torres-Rioseco, Stephen Spender, Saul Bellow, Louis Untermeyer, Ralph Ellison, Karl Shapiro, and Reed Whittemore (page images at HathiTrust)
- Books Alive: A Profane Chronicle of Literary Endeavor and Literary Misdemeanor (New York: Random House, 1940), by Vincent Starrett, contrib. by Christopher Morley (page images at HathiTrust)
- It Needs to Be Said... (c1929), by Frederick Philip Grove (HTML in Canada; NO US ACCESS)
- Books and Habits From the Lectures of Lafcadio Hearn, by Lafcadio Hearn, ed. by John Erskine (Gutenberg text)
- The Cutting of an Agate (New York: Macmillan, 1912), by W. B. Yeats
- Essays in Little, by Andrew Lang (Gutenberg text and illustrated HTML)
- The Function of the Poet, and Other Essays, by James Russell Lowell, ed. by Albert Mordell (Gutenberg text)
- Handbook of Universal Literature, From the Best and Latest Authorities, by Anne C. Lynch Botta (Gutenberg text)
- Hieroglyphics (London: Grant Richards, 1902), by Arthur Machen (page images at Google; US access only)
- Initiation Into Literature, by Émile Faguet, trans. by Home Gordon (Gutenberg text)
- Letters on Literature, by Andrew Lang (Gutenberg text)
- Literary Hours: or, Sketches Critical, Narrative, and Poetical (third edition, 3 volumes; London: Printed for T. Cadell and W. Davies, 1804), by Nathan Drake (page images at HathiTrust)
- My Literary Passions, by William Dean Howells (Gutenberg text)
- Post Liminium: Essays and Critical Papers (London: E. Mathews, 1911), by Lionel Johnson, ed. by Thomas Whittemore (page images at HathiTrust)
- Pot-Boilers (London: Chatto and Windus, 1918), by Clive Bell (Gutenberg text)
- Studies, Stories, and Memoirs (Boston and New York: Houghton, Mifflin, 1888), by Mrs. Jameson (multiple formats at archive.org)
- The Works of William H. Prescott (Montezuma edition, 22 volumes; Philadelphia and London: J. B. Lippincott Co., c1904), by William Hickling Prescott, ed. by Wilfred Harold Munro, contrib. by John Foster Kirk, William Robertson, and George Ticknor
- Obiter Dicta, by Augustine Birrell (Gutenberg text)
- Interpretations of Poetry and Religion (New York: C. Scribner's Sons, 1900), by George Santayana (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Letters to Dead Authors, by Andrew Lang (Gutenberg text)
- The Aesthetic and Miscellaneous Works of Friedrich von Schlegel: Comprising Letters on Christian Art; An Essay on Gothic Architecture; Remarks on the Romance-Poetry of the Middle Ages and on Shakspere; On the Limits of the Beautiful; On the Language and Wisdom of the Indians (London: H. G. Bohn, 1860), by Friedrich von Schlegel, trans. by E. J. Millington
- Kleinere Schriften (3 volumes, in German; Weimar: E. Felber, 1898-1900), by Reinhold Köhler, ed. by Johannes Bolte
- Apocalypse South: Judgment, Cataclysm, and Resistance in the Regional Imaginary (Columbus, OH: Ohio State University Press, c2012), by Anthony Dyer Hoefer (PDF at Ohio State)
- Vision and Violence (Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, c1999), by Arthur P. Mendel, contrib. by Richard Landes (page images at HathiTrust)
- Piers Plowman as a Fourteenth-Century Apocalypse (New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press, ca. 1961), by Morton W. Bloomfield (page images at HathiTrust)
More items available under broader and related terms at left.