North Pole -- Discovery and exploration -- American
See also what's at your library, or elsewhere.
Filed under: North Pole -- Discovery and exploration -- American
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.
Filed under: North Pole -- Discovery and exploration
Filed under: Arctic regions -- Discovery and exploration -- American
- Polaris: The Chief Scientist's Recollections of the American North Pole Expedition, 1871-73 (Calgary: University of Calgary Press, c2016), by Emil Bessels, trans. by William Barr (PDF with commentary at Calgary)
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences at a Reception Given to the Captain and Officers of the Jeannette Search Expedition (San Francisco, 1881), by California Academy of Sciences (page images at LOC)
- The Open Polar Sea: A Narrative of a Voyage of Discovery Towards the North Pole, in the Schooner "United States", by I. I. Hayes (page images at MOA)
- Narrative of the North Polar Expedition, by United States Navy (page images at MOA)
- Our lost explorers : the narrative of the Jeannette Arctic Expedition as related by the survivors, and in the records and last journals of Lieutenant De Long / revised by Raymond Lee Newcomb ; with an introduction by W.L. Gage. (Hartford, Conn., American Pub. Co., 1888, c1882) (page images at HathiTrust)
- American boys in the Arctics : a trip to the far north by a new path / by Harry W. French ... (Boston : Lothrop Publishing Company, [c1899]), by Harry W. French (page images at HathiTrust)
- The Arctic regions: being an account of the American expedition in search of Sir John Franklin, (Auburn and Buffalo, Miller, Orton & Mulligan, 1854), by P. L. Simmonds (page images at HathiTrust)
- The Far North: Exploration in the Arctic Regions, by Elisha Kent Kane (Gutenberg ebook)
- North-Pole Voyages: Embracing Sketches of the Important Facts and Incidents in the Latest American Efforts to Reach the North Pole, from the Second Grinnell Expedition to That of the Polaris, by Zachariah Atwell Mudge (Gutenberg ebook)