Use as a topical subdivision under uniform titles of sacred works.
See also what's at Wikipedia, your library, or elsewhere.
Broader term:Narrower terms:
Filed under: Reader-response criticism|
Filed under: Reader-response criticism -- 21st century -- PeriodicalsFiled under: Reader-response criticism -- Periodicals
- Transgressions of Reading: Narrative Engagement as Exile and Return (Durham, NC and London: Duke University Press, 1993), by Robert D. Newman (page images at HathiTrust)
- Interpretive Conventions: The Reader in the Study of American Fiction (Ithaca, NY and London: Cornell University Press, c1982), by Steven Mailloux (PDF and EPub with commentary at Cornell Open)
- Experiencing Fiction: Judgments, Progressions, and the Rhetorical Theory of Narrative (Columbus, OH: Ohio State University Press, c2007), by James Phelan (PDF at Ohio State)
- Misreading Jane Eyre: A Postformalist Paradigm (Columbus, OH: Ohio State University Press, 1996), by Jerome Beaty (PDF at Ohio State)
- The Progress of Romance: Literary Historiography and the Gothic Novel (Columbus, OH: Ohio State University Press, 1996), by David H. Richter (PDF at Ohio State)
- After the Death of Poetry: Poet and Audience in Contemporary America (Durham, NC and London: Duke University Press, 1993), by Vernon Lionel Shetley (page images at HathiTrust)
- The Supplement of Reading: Figures of Understanding in Romantic Theory and Practice (Ithaca, NY and London: Cornell University Press, c1990), by Tilottama Rajan (PDF and EPub with commentary at Cornell Open)
- Clarissa's Ciphers: Meaning and Disruption in Richardson's "Clarissa" (Ithaca, NY and London: Cornell University Press, 1982), by Terry Castle
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.
Filed under: Feminist criticism
Filed under: Apocalypse of Abraham -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
Filed under: Apocryphal books (New Testament) -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
Filed under: Apocryphal books (Old Testament) -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
Filed under: Ascension of Isaiah -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
Filed under: Beatitudes -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
Filed under: Bhagavadgītā -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
Filed under: Bible -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- The Hoax of Higher Criticism (Tyler, TX: Institute for Christian Economics, c1989), by Gary North (PDF with commentary at garynorth.com)
- The Interpretation of the Bible in the Church (1994), by Catholic Church Pontifical Bible Commission (HTML at EWTN)
- Liberating Planet Earth: An Introduction to Biblical Blueprints (second printing; Fort Worth, TX: Dominion Press, 1991), by Gary North (PDF with commentary at garynorth.com)
- The Bible Unmasked (c1926), by Joseph Lewis (PDF at atheistempire.com)
- 101 Bible Secrets That Christians Do Not Know, by Ernest L. Martin (HTML with commentary at askelm.com)
- The Bible and Other Ancient Literature in the Nineteenth Century (New York: Chautauqua Press, 1889), by L. T. Townsend (multiple formats at archive.org)
- The Bible Handbook for Freethinkers and Inquiring Christians (new edition; London: Freethought Pub. Co., 1900), ed. by G. W. Foote and W. P. Ball (page images at HathiTrust; US access only)
- The Bible: I. Authenticity; II. Credibility; III. Morality (New York: Truth Seeker Co., 1907), by John E. Remsburg (Gutenberg text)
- The Bible in the Modern World (prepublication version of "The Bible and the Modern World", from 1993 lectures), by David J. A. Clines (HTML at Sheffield)
- The Great Controversy Between Christ and Satan During the Christian Dispensation (Toronto : Review and Herald Pub. Co., 1893), by Ellen G. White (multiple formats at archive.org)
- The Great Controversy Between Christ and Satan: The Conflict of the Ages in the Christian Dispensation (based on the 1911 revised edition), by Ellen G. White (HTML at whiteestate.org)
- Is it God's Word?, by Joseph Wheless (text files at infidels.org)
- A Plea for the Critical Study of the Scriptures, Against Romanism and Rationalism (Pittsburgh: Shryock and Hacke, 1852), by Melancthon W. Jacobus (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Profiting From the Word, by Arthur Walkington Pink (multiple formats at chapellibrary.org)
- Short Essays in Biblical Criticism, Reprinted from The Christian Standard, 1893-1904 (Cincinnati: Standard Pub. Co., c1910), by J. W. McGarvey (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Who Wrote the Bible?, by Washington Gladden (Gutenberg text)
- The Basic Revelation in the Holy Scriptures (with other books by this author), by Witness Lee (frame-dependent HTML at ministrybooks.org)
- Biblical and Semitic Studies: Critical and Historical Essays by the Members of the Semitic and Biblical Faculty of Yale University, contrib. by Edward Lewis Curtis, Charles Foster Kent, Frank Knight Sanders, Frank Chamberlin Porter, Warren Joseph Moulton, Benjamin Wisner Bacon, and C. C. Torrey (multiple formats at archive.org)
- The Book of the Bee, by Solomon, Bishop of Basra, ed. by E. A. Wallis Budge (HTML at sacred-texts.com)
- Common Sense Thoughts on the Bible: for Common Sense People (fourth edition, enlarged and revised; Boston: W. Denton, 1871), by William Denton
- The Fourth Dimension and the Bible (Boston: R. G. Badger, c1922), by William Anthony Granville
- Mystery of the Ages, by Herbert W. Armstrong (multiple formats with commentary at thetrumpet.com)
- Self-Contradictions of the Bible (New York: A. J. Davis and Company, 1860), by William Henry Burr (HTML with commentary at sacred-texts.com)
- Understanding the Scriptures, by Francis John McConnell (Gutenberg text)
- Christ in All the Scriptures, by A. M. Hodgkin (HTML at thebookwurm.com)
- The Greek Word Aion-Aionios, by J. W. Hanson (HTML at tentmaker.org)
- Supernatural Religion: An Inquiry into the Reality of Divine Revelation (popular edition; London: Watts and Co., 1902), by Walter Richard Cassels (HTML at Freethought Archives)
More items available under broader and related terms at left.