Here are entered general works on the Talmud. Works on the treatment of specific topics in the Talmud are entered under headings of the type [topic in rabbinical literature,] e.g. Medicine in rabbinical literature.
See also what's at Wikipedia, your library, or elsewhere.
Broader term:Narrower terms:Used for:
Filed under: Talmud|
Filed under: Talmud -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.Filed under: Talmud -- HermeneuticsFiled under: Talmud -- Introductions
Filed under: Aramaic language -- Dictionaries -- English
- The Wisdom of Israel: Being Extracts From the Babylonian Talmud and Midrash Rabboth (second impression; London: John Murray, 1910), ed. by Edwin Collins (HTML at sacred-texts.com)
- Three Lectures on the Origin of Christianity (Cincinnati: Bloch and Co., 1883), by Isaac Mayer Wise (PDF at americanjewisharchives.org)
- Éfés Dammîm: A Series of Conversations at Jerusalem Between a Patriarch of the Greek Church and a Chief Rabbi of the Jews, Concerning the Malicious Charge Against the Jews of Using Christian Blood (includes Reuchlin's defense of the Talmud in an appendix; London: Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans, 1841), by Isaac Baer Levinsohn, trans. by Louis Loewe, contrib. by Johann Reuchlin (multiple formats at archive.org)
- Talmudische Archäologie (3 volumes in German; Leipzig: G. Fock, 1910-1912), by Samuel Krauss
Filed under: Aramaic language -- Texts
- A Dictionary of the Targumim, the Talmud Babli and Yerushalmi, and the Midrashic Literature (2 volumes; 1903), by Marcus Jastrow
- Sefer Ha-Shoroshim: A Hebrew and English Lexicon Containing All the Words of the Old Testament, With the Chaldee Words in Daniel, Ezra, and the Targums, and Also the Talmudical and Rabbinical Words Derived From Them (London: Printed for the author and sold by Longman, Reese, Orme, Brown and Green, et al., 1834), by Selig Newman (page images at HathiTrust)
Filed under: Talmud -- LegendsFiled under: Talmud -- MethodologyFiled under: Talmud -- QuotationsFiled under: Aggada
Filed under: Aggada -- Translations into EnglishFiled under: Tannaim
Filed under: Talmud. Berakhot -- Commentaries
- Tablettes d'Uruk à l'Usage des Prêtres du Temple d'Anu au Temps des Séleucides (Textes Cuneiformes v6, in Akkadian with French notes; Paris; P. Geuthner, 1922), ed. by F. Thureau-Dangin
- Palestinian Syriac Texts From Palimpsest Fragments in the Taylor-Schechter Collection (London: C.J. Clay and Sons, 1900), ed. by Agnes Smith Lewis and Margaret Dunlop Gibson
Items below (if any) are from related and broader terms.
Filed under: Rabbinical literature
Filed under: Rabbinical literature -- History and criticism
Filed under: Midrash -- Translations into EnglishFiled under: Christianity in rabbinical literatureFiled under: Midrash