The Complete Works of Henry Fielding, Esq., With an Essay on the Life, Genius and Achievement of the Author
by Henry Fielding
contrib. by William Ernest Henley and Arthur Charles Fox-Davies
This is the 16-volume collection of Henry Prescott's works published by
Croscup and Sterling in 1902. The 16th volume also
includes a biography by Henley, a genealogy by Fox-Davies,
and a bibliography of first editions.
Below are links to all 16 volumes in the set, along with a list of contents.
Except as noted, all links below go to the Internet Archive.
All 16 volumes can also be found
- Volume 1: The History of the Adventures of Joseph Andrews, and His Friend Mr. Abraham Andrews
- Volume 2: The History of the Life of the Late Jonathan Wild, and A Journey from This World the Next, &c.
- Volume 3: The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling, v1
- Volume 4: The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling, v2 (Google copy; might not be readable outside US; see also HathiTrust)
- Volume 5: The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling, v3 (Google copy; might not be readable outside US; see also HathiTrust)
- Volume 6: Amelia, v1
- Volume 7: Amelia, v2
- Volume 8: Plays and Poems, v1: Love in Several Masques; The Temple Beau; The Author's Farce; The Lottery
- Volume 9: Plays and Poems, v2: The Tragedy of Tragedies; The Coffee-House Politician; The Letter Writers; The Grub Street Opera; The Debauchees
- Volume 10: Plays and Poems, v3: The Modern Husband; The Covent Garden Tragedy; The Mock Doctor; The Miser; The Intriguing Chambermaid; An Old Man Taught Wisdom
- Volume 11: Plays and Poems, v4: Don Quixote in England; The Universal Gallant; Pasquin; The Historical Register For the Year 1736; Eurydice; Eurydice Hissed
- Volume 12: Plays and Poems, v5: Tumble-Down Dick; Miss Lucy in Town; The Wedding-Day; The Fathers; Preface by Fielding to the original edition of his Miscellanies and Poems; Poems
- Volume 13: Legal Writings
- Volume 14: Miscellaneous Writings, v1: The True Patriot; The Jacobite's Journal; The Covent Garden Journal; An Essay on Conversaition; An Essay on the Knowledge of the Characters of Men; An Essay on Nothing; The Opposition: A Vision
- Volume 15: Miscellaneous Writings, v2: A Full Vindication of Her Grace the Duchess Dowager of Marlborough; The Vernoniad; Philosophical Transactions for the Year 1742-3; Articles in the Champion; A Proper Answer to a Scurrilous Libel; Celia (Google copy; might not be readable outside US; see also HathiTrust)
- Volume 16: Miscellaneous Writings, v3: Henry Fielding (by Henley); The Descent of Henry Fielding (by Fox-Davies); Biographical List of First Editions; Preface to David Simple; Preface to The Familiar Letters; Familiar Letters; Dedication and Preface to Plutus; The First Olynthiac of Demosthenes; A Dialogue Between Alexander the Great and Diogenes the Cynic; An Interlude Between Jupiter, Juno, Apollo and Mercury; Of the Remedy of Afflection for the Loss of Our Friends; Examples of the Interposition of Providence; A Journal of a Voyage to Lisbon; A Fragment of a Comment on Lord Bolingbrokes' Essays
This is a "meta-book", which stitches together separate files elsewhere on the Web as they appeared in a previously published book. It is subject to removal if someone produces an integrated edition. If that happens, The Online Books Page will point to the integrated version.