The Complete Works of Friedrich Nietzsche
by Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
edited by Oscar Levy
translated by William A. Haussmann, Maximilian A. Mügge, J. M. Kennedy, Anthony M. Ludovici, Adrian Collins, Helen Zimmern, Thomas Common and Horace Barnett Samuel
contrib. by Robert Guppy and Paul V. Cohn
This is an 18-volume collection of Nietzsche's works edited by Oscar
Levy and published in Britain by
T. N. Foulis, originally between 1909 and 1913.
The same volumes were published in the US by Macmillan.
Below, we list copies from
the Internet Archive and HathiTrust, noting the contents of each volume.
Numbering of the series changed midway through publication, to reflect
order of composition. Below, we use the final ordering, noting
when the volume number was originally different. We also note
when we are linking to a Macmillan volume (which should have the
same text as the corresponding Foulis volume,
and might be readable outside the US when the Foulis scan is not).
- Volume 1 (originally 3): The Birth of Tragedy, or Hellenism and Pessimism (tr. Haussmann; 1910):
- Volume 2: Early Greek Philosophy and Other Essays (tr. Mugge; 1911):
- Volume 3 (originally 6): On the Future of Our Educational Institutions; Homer and Classical Philology (tr. Kennedy; 1909):
- Volume 4 (originally 1): Thoughts Out of Season, Part I: (tr. Ludovici; 1910):
- Volume 5 (originally 2): Thoughts Out of Season, Part II: (tr. Collins; 1909):
- Volume 6 (originally 7): Human, All-Too-Human, Part I: (tr. Zimmern; 1909):
- Volume 7: Human, All-Too-Human, Part II: (tr. Cohn; 1911):
- Volume 8: The Case of Wagner (tr. Ludovici); We Philologists (tr. Kennedy) (1911):
- Volume 9: The Dawn of Day (tr. Kennedy; 1911):
- Volume 10: The Joyful Wisdom (tr. Common; 1910):
- Volume 11 (originally 4): Thus Spake Zarathustra (tr. Common; 1909):
- Volume 12 (originally 5): Beyond Good and Evil (tr. Zimmern; 1909):
- Volume 13: The Genealogy of Morals (tr. Samuel); Peoples and Countries (tr. Kennedy) (1913):
- Volume 14: The Will to Power, Books 1 and 2 (tr. Ludovici; third edition, 1914):
- Volume 15: The Will to Power, Books 3 and 4 (tr. Ludovici; 1910):
- Volume 16: The Twilight of the Idols (tr. Ludovici; 1911):
- Volume 17: Ecce Homo (tr. Ludovici; 1911):
- Volume 18: Index to Nietzsche (Guppy and Cohn, 1913):
This is a "meta-book", which stitches together separate files elsewhere on the Web as they appeared in a previously published book. It is subject to removal if someone produces an integrated edition. If that happens, The Online Books Page will point to the integrated version.