presents serial archive listings for
Burke's Peerage is the short informal title of a long-running reference work on noble families in Great Britain and elsewhere in the world. The full official title has varied somewhat over the years.
The first edition of Burke's Peerage was published in 1826, titled "A General and Heraldic Dictionary of the Peerage and Baronetage of the United Kingdom" and edited by John Burke. New editions were sometimes issued annually, and sometimes less frequently. No issue or contribution copyright renewals were found for this serial. (More details) The most recent edition we know of, the 107th, was published in 2003.
Persistent Archives of Complete Issues
- 1826, 1849, 1899: The Burke's Peerage website has the 1st, 11th, and 61st editions, along with some editions of other publications, free to read online.
- 1826: HathiTrust has the first edition free to read online.
- 1830, 1843, 1848, 1850, 1858, 1861, 1868, 1875, 1878, 1885, 1898, 1904, 1907, 1912, 1914, 1921, 1925: HathiTrust has the 3rd, 7th (in part), 10th, 12th, 20th, 23rd, 30th, 37th (in part), 40th, 47th, 60th, 69th, 66th, 73rd, 74th, 76th, 80th, and 83rd editions free to read online. Access to volumes after 1896 may be restricted outside the United States. Some later volumes may be searchable but not readable online here.
- 1839, 1860, 1868-1869, 1880: HathiTrust also has the 6th, 22nd, 30th, 31st, and 42nd editions free to read online.
- 1846: The Internet Archive has the first part of the 8th edition (up to Ibbetson).
- 1846: The Internet Archive has the second part of the 8th edition (Ibbetson and later).
- 1869: The Internet Archive has the 31st edition.
- 1878: The Internet Archive has the 40th edition.
- 1909: The Internet Archive has the 71st edition.
- 1915: The Internet Archive has the 77th edition.
Official Site / Current Material
- The official Burke's Peerage website has more information on the work and related publications from the same publisher. It also provides free access to some older volumes as well as subscription-based access to recent editions.
This is a record of a major serial archive. This page is maintained for The Online Books Page.
(See our criteria for listing serial archives.) This page has no affiliation with the serial or its publisher.
Help with reading books -- Report a bad link -- Suggest a new listing
Home -- Search -- New Listings -- Authors -- Titles -- Subjects -- Serials
Books -- News -- Features -- Archives -- The Inside Story
Edited by John Mark Ockerbloom (firstname.lastname@example.org)
OBP copyrights and licenses.