presents serial archive listings for
Chatterbox was a weekly British paper of stories for children, published in the 19th and 20th centuries. It was also published as an annual for much of its run, in both the UK and the US. (The UK annual came in two editions, one with ads and one without.)
Chatterbox was founded in 1866 by John Erskine Clarke, who edited the paper until 1902. It ceased publication in 1955.
Persistent Archives of Complete Issues
- 1867-1869, 1871-1875, 1877, 1879-1882, 1884-1885, 1887, 1889, 1891, 1894-1897, 1899, 1901-1902, 1904-1906, 1909, 1913, 1915, 1917, 1922: HathiTrust has many of the early volumes scanned as page images from the University of California. The pre-1877 scans appear to be of the weekly paper; the later ones appear to be the (American) annuals. Some additional volumes not in this set are listed below.
- 1877: HathiTrust has a London annual for 1877.
- 1877-1878: HathiTrust has a volume for 1877 and 1878 that may be an unauthorized New York edition.
- 1890: HathiTrust has the American annual for 1890.
- 1898: HathiTrust has the annual for 1898.
- 1905-1906: Project Gutenberg has the American annuals for 1905 and 1906, as illustrated transcriptions.
- 1912: HathiTrust has the American annual for 1912.
- 1919: HathiTrust has the American annual for 1919. It mentions that there was no annual for 1918, due to wartime paper shortages.
- 1920: HathiTrust has the American annual for 1920.
- 1921: HathiTrust has the American annual for 1921.
This is a record of a major serial archive. This page is maintained for The Online Books Page.
(See our criteria for listing serial archives.) This page has no affiliation with the serial or its publisher.
Help with reading books -- Report a bad link -- Suggest a new listing
Home -- Search -- New Listings -- Authors -- Titles -- Subjects -- Serials
Books -- News -- Features -- Archives -- The Inside Story
Edited by John Mark Ockerbloom (firstname.lastname@example.org)
OBP copyrights and licenses.