The Online Books Page

presents serial archive listings for

The Clarion

The Clarion was the short title of a newspaper published in Jackson and elsewhere in Mississippi in the 19th century. Its full title varied over time.

Publication History

The Clarion began in 1837 in Paulding as The Eastern Clarion. In 1863 the paper moved to Meridian and published a daily edition titled The Daily Clarion and a weekly edition title The Weekly Clarion. The Clarion moved to Jackson after the Civil War. The daily edition was renamed The Daily Mississippi Clarion in April 1866, and then the Daily Mississippi Clarion and Standard in May 1866 after absorbing the Daily Mississippi Standard. That name promptly shortened to the Daily Clarion and Standard later in the month. In 1888, the Clarion was merged with the State Ledger to become the Clarion-Ledger, which continues to publish today.

Persistent Archives of Complete Issues

Official Site / Current Material

This is a record of a major serial archive. This page is maintained for The Online Books Page. (See our criteria for listing serial archives.) This page has no affiliation with the serial or its publisher.

Help with reading books -- Report a bad link -- Suggest a new listing

Home -- Search -- New Listings -- Authors -- Titles -- Subjects -- Serials

Books -- News -- Features -- Archives -- The Inside Story

Edited by John Mark Ockerbloom (
OBP copyrights and licenses.