presents serial archive listings for
Current History is an American "journal of contemporary world affairs". (There is a Wikipedia article about this serial.)
Current History began in 1914 as "The New York Times Current History: The European War". The title shortened to "Current History" before World War I ended, but some reprints from later war-era volumes use the longer title. The magazine absorbed Forum and Century in 1940, and was titled "Current History and Forum" for about a year afterwards before returning to its shorter name. The first copyright-renewed issue is April 1937 (v. 46 no. 1). The first copyright-renewed contribution is from April 1939 (v. 50 no. 2). (More details) It is still published today.
Persistent Archives of Complete Issues
- 1914-1915: The Internet Archive has volume 1, covering the start of the magazine through March 1915.
- 1915: The Internet Archive has volume 2, covering April-September 1915.
- 1915-1916: The Internet Archive has volume 3, covering October 1915 through March 1916.
- 1915-1925: HathiTrust also has volumes 3-19 and 21-22.
- 1916: The Internet Archive has volume 4, covering April-September 1916.
- 1916-1917: The Internet Archive has volume 5, covering October 1916 through March 1917.
- 1917: The Internet Archive has volume 6, covering April-September 1917.
- 1917-1918: The Internet Archive has volume 7, covering October 1917 through March 1918.
- 1918: The Internet Archive has volume 8, covering April-September 1918.
- 1918-1919: The Internet Archive has volume 9, covering October 1918 through March 1919.
- 1919: The Internet Archive has volume 10, covering April-September 1919.
- 1919-1920: The Internet Archive has volume 11, covering October 1919 through March 1920.
- 1920: The Internet Archive has volume 12, covering April-September 1920. The title page is missing from this copy.
- 1920-1921: The Internet Archive has volume 13, covering October 1920 through March 1921.
- 1921: The Internet Archive has volume 14, covering April-September 1921.
- 1921-1922: The Internet Archive has volume 15, covering October 1921 through March 1922.
- 1922: The Internet Archive has volume 16, covering April-September 1922.
- 1922-1923: HathiTrust has volume 17, covering October 1922 through March 1923. Some of the front matter of this volume is missing.
- 1923: HathiTrust has volume 18, covering April-September 1923.
Official Site / Current Material
- The Current History web site has more information about the journal, and gives subscription-based access to recent content.
This is a record of a major serial archive. This page is maintained for The Online Books Page.
(See our criteria for listing serial archives.) This page has no affiliation with the serial or its publisher.
Help with reading books -- Report a bad link -- Suggest a new listing
Home -- Search -- New Listings -- Authors -- Titles -- Subjects -- Serials
Books -- News -- Features -- Archives -- The Inside Story
Edited by John Mark Ockerbloom (firstname.lastname@example.org)
OBP copyrights and licenses.