presents serial archive listings for
Early English Text Society, Extra Series
Early English Text Society, Extra Series is a series of edited early English texts published by the Early English Text Society, focusing on making available new editions of previously published texts.
The Early English Text Society, Extra Series began in 1867, as a spinoff of the Original Series. No issue or contribution copyright renewals were found for this serial. (More details) In the 1920s, the Society decided to fold this series into the Original Series, but a few volumes were published thereafter, the last ones in 1935. The Original Series continues to this day.
Persistent Archives of Complete Issues
- 1867-1916: HathiTrust has numbers 3, 5, 9-12, 15, 17-22, 24-32, 36-37, 46, 51, 54-55, 58-60, 62, 66, 69, 75-77, 81-84, 86-89, 92, 95-96, 98-99, 101, 103, 106, and 113-115. Access to volumes after 1895 may be restricted outside the United States.
- 1868: We list number 3, "Caxton's Book of Curtesye", edited by F. J. Furnivall.
- 1868: We list number 4, "The Lay of Havelok the Dane", edited by Frederic Madden and Walter W. Skeat.
- 1868: We list number 5, "Chaucer's Translation of Boethius's 'De Consolation Philosophiae'", edited by Richard Morris.
- 1881: We list number 38, "Romaunce of the Sowdone of Babylone and of Ferumbras His Sone Who Conquered Rome", edited by Emil Hausknecht.
- 1886: We list number 47, "The Wars of Alexander", edited by Walter Skeat.
- 1887: We list number 51, "Torrent of Portyngale", edited by E. Adam.
- 1893: We list number 63, "The Earliest English Translation of the First Three Books of the De Imitatione Christi", edited by J. K. Ingram.
- 1898: We list number 71, "The Towneley Plays", edited by G. England with A. W. Pollard.
- 1899: We list number 78, "The Life and Death of Mary Magdalene", edited by H. O. Sommer.
- 1900: We list number 79, "Dialogues in French and English" by William Caxton, edited by Henry Bradley.
- 1902: We list number 87, "Two Coventry Corpus Christi Plays", edited by H. Craig.
- 1904: We list number 91, "The Macro Plays", edited by F. J. Furnivall and A. W. Pollard.
- 1922: We list number 118, "The Earliest Arithmetics in English", edited by Robert Steele.
- 1922: We list number 120, "Ludus Coventriae", edited by K. S. Block.
Official Site / Current Material
This is a record of a major serial archive. This page is maintained for The Online Books Page.
(See our criteria for listing serial archives.) This page has no affiliation with the serial or its publisher.
Help with reading books -- Report a bad link -- Suggest a new listing
Home -- Search -- New Listings -- Authors -- Titles -- Subjects -- Serials
Books -- News -- Features -- Archives -- The Inside Story
Edited by John Mark Ockerbloom (firstname.lastname@example.org)
OBP copyrights and licenses.