presents serial archive listings for
The Lancet is a peer-reviewed medical journal published in the UK since the early 19th century.
The Lancet began in 1823. It published two volumes per year, though in the early years they were often numbered 1 and 2 for each year. In recent years, the journal has used continuous sequential volume numbering (now up to the high 300s), and older volumes have been retroactively renumbered sequentially in some electronic databases. No issue or contribution copyright renewals were found for this serial. (More details) It is still published today.
Persistent Archives of Complete Issues
- 1823-1865, 1867-1884, 1886-1889, 1892, 1900, 1903-1907, 1909, 1911-1917: HathiTrust has most of the 19th century and early 20th century volumes, scanned from Princeton University.
- 1823-1922: HathiTrust has many 19th century and early 20th century volumes, scanned from Harvard and the University of California. Access to volumes published after 1878 may be restricted outside the United States.
- 1823: The Internet Archive has volume 1, covering October through December 1823.
- 1824: The Internet Archive has volume 2, covering January through March 1824.
- 1824-1825: The Internet Archive has volume 5, covering October 1824 through January 1, 1825.
- 1826: The Internet Archive has volume 10, covering April through September 1826.
- 1826-1827: The Internet Archive has volume 11, covering October 1826 through March 1827.
- 1827-1828: The Internet Archive has volume 1 for 1827-8, covering October 1827 through March 1828.
- 1828: The Internet Archive has volume 2 for 1827-8, covering April through March 1828.
- 1829-1830: The Internet Archive has volume 1 for 1829-30, covering September 26, 1829 through March 1830.
- 1832: The Internet Archive has volume 2 for 1831-2, covering April through September 1832.
Official Site / Current Material
- The Lancet web site has more information on the journal, and gives access to recent content (most of which required a subscription or other payment to read in full).
This is a record of a major serial archive. This page is maintained for The Online Books Page.
(See our criteria for listing serial archives.) This page has no affiliation with the serial or its publisher.
Help with reading books -- Report a bad link -- Suggest a new listing
Home -- Search -- New Listings -- Authors -- Titles -- Subjects -- Serials
Books -- News -- Features -- Archives -- The Inside Story
Edited by John Mark Ockerbloom (firstname.lastname@example.org)
OBP copyright and licenses.